2020 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

$13,220

Save as much as $3,746
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My urban car

Bill, 03/13/2020
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Spark is exactly what it is intended to be--an urban run-about! I find it to be attractive in looks and efficient to drive. The visibility is great and I have no complaints. It is a small car and that is what I expected.

Accident safe!!!

Susan Hermann, 01/24/2020
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was T-boned on the driver's side and the emergency crew had to take door off to get to me. However, I only sustained minor injuries due to the side airbags! For a small car, it has a lot to offer!

Much better than the previous version!

Anthony H, 01/10/2020
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased a brand new 2020 LS with the CVT. I cannot express how much of an improvement this is over the previous. I had a 2014 LS with the manual. The only feature I’ll miss is the power windows. Though the power driver door lock is handy. I can reach all the locks so I don’t mind if they are manual, but it’s nice having one that is power, and unlocks when you turn the car off. I have never minded manual windows though and getting Bluetooth, Apple/Android support, and a backup camera is pretty sweet for a “cheap” car. This 1.4 CVT our accelerates my old 1.2L 5spd, rund lower revs at highway speed, and the engine is considerably quieter! Handling is similar, but less body roll, softer ride, and much tighter steering. The interior is multiple orders of magnitude improved over my 2014. That’s all I can say. I mean hey, it’s still a tiny car. :) We will see how fuel economy compares to my 2014 as it routinely got 41 in summer and 38 winter with mixed driving. If you’re looking for a small and affordable runabout, Chevrolet has produced something simply amazing. Emphasis on the simple part, but definitely amazing. Plus it’s historical reliability history is much improved over the prior generation. I know mine had some weird electronic gremlins, those appear to be fixed on this one, but time will tell. So far I’m genuinely impressed.

Outstanding small car in every way

Rob, 11/09/2020
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 2020 Chevy Spark With the 1LT package and manual transmission in early August as a third vehicle. I can honestly say this little car just blows me away. I’ve had more compliments from people on this car than I have for my other two much more expensive vehicles. It’s a blast to drive. With the manual transmission first gear is a bit sluggish but not horrible and then as you get up to speed through the gears to fifth it just wants to go. I’ve driven it over 3K miles so far including a trip from Washington, DC to Rhode Island and back and loved the drive. I averaged 44 mpg, it’s smooth, easy to drive and change lanes. It is also nice to only fill a ten gallon tank and get outstanding mileage. The only negative I would say is the back seat is a bit cramped but in my case no one ever rides back there. It’s comfortable inside, I’m 5’11, 210 and there is plenty of room. Great vision from the car, it came with a lot of nice features including the 4G . I bought white fr higher visibility and safety. The price I paid for it, 12K was amazing. It is a fabulous commuting car and fun to drive like a go-cart. I don’t have one regret and it’s been great.

Outstanding Economical Car

Ed, 08/28/2020
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an outstanding vehicle. I also own a Lincoln Town Car and a 4 door Ford F350 Dually Superduty diesel. This car is fun to drive, is very economical, runs great, not a single problem, the AC cools off the car immediately even in 115 degree Phoenix summers. I find myself experiencing withdrawal if I go too many days without driving this car. Yes it is small, but it can carry four adults, has four doors, and is very reliable and inexpensive to purchase and maintain. If you need a bigger car, don’t complain about the size of this car. If you are willing to spend more money, you can get a bigger car, but you will not find a better value than this car. I can’t wait to take it out again today. I love the car.