Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

Items per page:51050
12345...16

High Milage

msauerbrey, 11/11/2011

I purchased this Truck Oct 2009 with 3000 miles. It actually has a 5.3 V8 Flex fuel engine. I drive this truck all the time as a salesman. It now has 110,000 miles on it. I have done nothing except change the rear breaks. I added dual exhaust. It runs as good as it did when it was new. At 70-75mph I get 19 mpg. In town around 15mpg. The truck is very dependable. I have driven other Chevy trucks as sale vehicles and 300,000 miles is not hard to get out of these trucks. However the gas milage is killing me right now.

Throttle Body failed 2 times in 3 years

slamamama15, 02/18/2013

We purchased this truck brand new Oct 2009 with the heavy duty towing package Z71 4x4. We had to put a new engine in the truck Oct 2010, after that problems continued. Dec 2010 the throttle body failed as I was driving down the highway, Stablizer, engine light, traction, lights flashed, door locks when crazy and just stopped in the middle of the interstate. Yesterday 2.17.2013 it proceeded to do it again on the interstate. Second time in 50,000 miles we have had to replace the throttle body on our fairly new truck. We have other problems including 3 window motors, mirror, rough idling, & transamission rough when switching gears. All the work has bene done at the dealers

Last Truck I will need to buy

lrdillon, 01/05/2015
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 60K miles. I now have over 90K. I have only replaced the battery and tires. Runs like a dream so far, tows great and very comfortable. Hope to baby this for the rest of my life, I just retired. With regular maintenance I have had no mechanical problems with a small V8.

2009 Chevy Lemon

pavehwk, 11/06/2011

I purchased this truck new with 500 miles on it. Now I have 19500 miles on the truck and I am having the engine pulled out due to a bad design. I went in for some minor body work (2nd bow tie) and the check engine light came on. The oil pressure was all over the board. I had 1000 miles before it need it next oil change. So while i was in there i had them do a oild change. I was told that there was a 1 1/2 quarts of oil left in the block. I was then told that they need to put a baffel in the bottom of the pan. This was after taking the truck in 4 times to do an oil consuption check (it failed). I had to wait to get fixed due to having 5 other trucks getting the samething done.

First Chevy Truck

Bill, 11/06/2010

Owned Fords all my life and liked them. Used up a 99 Ford F 150 with Triton motor and needed another full size truck. Looked at all of them and decided to try my first Chevy and at 10,000 miles I'm glad I did. The new Chevy V8 with 8 to 4 cylinder technology and 6 speed automatic is getting me 20 mpg or better. Blown away by the gas mileage I'm getting with aggressive tires. Love the exhaust note of the engine. Far superior motor and transmission to my last F150 (Triton V8) and much better gas mileage. Very good ride in general and great truck for towing. The manual mode of the 6 speed transmission saves your brakes and the "tow" mode changes the shift points for better power.

12345...16