Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Nice but deadly!!
By Jack1012

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's georgous but unsafe, due too stabiltrack turning ingine off over minor issues. I will never buy another Chevy or gm vehical!

My second best friend.
By Rollie

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third gm truck. Bought a new one every 10 years. This Silverado has a power seat and a very comfortable ride. I have Brigstone duel A/T tires which are fantastic. Been to Florida twice. Nice truck to ride in even on a long trip. The only disappointing thing is that there's some rust appearing over the real tires. Truck is garaged and washed regularly and the first truck I have had with this rust appearing. Otherwise a great truck!

HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!!
By John King

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

READ CONSUMER REVIEWS! So far, we've had this truck less than 6 months; just spent $2600 in repairs last week...Then drove to FLORIDA and on the way back DIED on the interstate stranded from home. Costed over $500 to TOW to the dealership we bought it from HERNDON CHEVROLET, LEXINGTON, SC and so far they've assessed $6000 to repair! We purchased it for $20K less than 6 months ago; dealership wants to give us $13K if truck is ALL REPAIRED for a TRADE IN VALUE! HIGH WAY ROBBERY!!!!!!! I HATE this CHEVROLET!!!

Good deal was really a bad deal
By MaryBeth Costa

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got 2009 Silverado in 2015 with 33,000 miles for about $25K. A month later the camshaft went, dealer repaired. Two months later camshaft went again and oil pumps as well. Dealer said sorry. I had it fixed. problems with electrical system, throttle body, steering column electrical issues. Needed complete transmission replacement at 60,000 miles. Now more electrical issues with grounds, throttle body, alternator. I need this truck for work! It is costing a fortune in repairs. As soon as it is fixed I am selling it.

Run or pull out your wallet!!!
By N. Peterson

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck with less than 100k on it. Started this loud chirping almost immediately. Two mechanics that I trust looked at it and both recommended new engines. Apparently Chevy had major design flaws on this engine and did nothing more than issue a service bulletin. I've heard people anywhere from 20,000 miles and up having to swap these engines! Totally unacceptable. After a life with Chevy, we're finally going to make the switch to another company...