Used 2015 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Chevrolet Impala 2015 - Great large sedan!

Mark, 01/30/2018
LS 4dr Sedan w/1LS (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the Impala new and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Great for long trips with excellent seats and a huge trunk. Mileage for the 2.5 engine has been in the upper 30's on the interstate and around 30 in town. The only drawback is the auto shutoff on short stops (which is not something you can change). I have rented the V-6 models and the performance increase is very clear. I don't drive very aggressively so the 200 HP engine with the 2.5 is fine for me. Steering is great and you can see the similarity to the Cadillac XTS in the ride. I changed out the factory floor mats right away and that was an improvement. I like the LED lighting and there is an additional battery in the trunk (which is similar size to a mower battery). This model still has the CD player which may be something you like. Hard to beat the safety ratings and that is a plus in this area for sure. Sedans have not been selling very well so the price point is excellent. You can view the car complaints on the internet and you will find these are very reliable.

Long term rental

David Norris, 10/06/2015
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was on an assignment so I got an impala for a long term rental. I drove it to and from work, to and from my home, and around town. I generally like it. However, my biggest peeve is the noise. I was convinced that the rear window was open because of all the road noise I could hear in my left ear. But, no, that is just its lack of sound deadening material. In every other aspect this is a nice car. But, it is just too noisy. Trunk is quite large. It is a large car.

not sure about this, looking at dumping car

notsureboutgm, 05/20/2015
LT 4dr Sedan w/3LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

be wary of GM, that's all I have to say... Brand new car bought 2 months ago and leaves me stranded in the middle of nowhere. Engine just lost all power and died. lost powersteering and braking ability. I thought GM had fixed these issues with making cars that kill years ago around the recession??? Typical GM. Should have known better!!!!!! Car looks and drives like a dream, when it isn't breaking down like a nightmare. Wouldn't keep after warranty is over. I need better dependability.

Impala electronics/software disappoint

elfarol, 11/16/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my 2015 Impala for 8 months when the electronic parking system warning light came on. The dealer said it just needed a software upgrade. Two years later, same thing. The dealer doesn't know why it happened. They reset the instrument warning light. Two weeks later the battery goes dead after every system warning light came on the instrument panel. No warning light regarding the charging system. No "Battery saver mode active" message, nothing. The dealer replaced the battery, since they said they should have caught it last time. When I asked why none the of the warning lights came on, they said that's the way they build 'em. My first GM car and my last. How does a modern battery go dead in just 2 1/2 years at 36k miles???

Modern Spacious Car for 6'3" or taller driver

Hank Freeman, 04/09/2016
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a new car replacing a 1999 Merc Marquis which has 250K miles and the engine seal were giving out. I have been looking at the 2015(+) Chevy Impala LTZ and did not know if I could fit into it because I cannot fit into a Ford Taurus. My torso length is to much for the Taurus but the Impala was a great fit.. Additionally, the front seat go back and there is plenty of leg room for my size 13 shoe.. So I am very happy getting to know my New Used (20k) miles previous Enterprise rental vehicle. It is very pretty has dark gray exterior and interior.. The LTZ is a must for this vehicle because of the 3.6 L 6 cylinder engine. the 2.4 L 4 cylinder engine, the later being to TOO little a power plant for the car. MY 3.6L is getting 24 MPG around town an a consistent 33 mpg @ 70 mph on the highway. The car since it came from Enterprise Florida came with factory tinted Windows and this is going to be big plus in the summer.. Going forward, I may put a 5 PSI electric blower on the air intake to give the car more air during heavy acceleration. This not need just something want to do as a science/performance experiment. It should be interesting.. Hank Freeman [contact info removed]

12345...6