Used 2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

2014 Impala LS (2.5 liter 4 cyclinder, 6 speed auto)

nkeen, 09/10/2013

I decided to take a look at the Impala when my 2006 BMW 3 series was lost in a parking lot flood and was immediately impressed with this class act from GM. I at first planned on the LT V6 but after driving the 4 cylinder on winding country roads and finding the handling balance a little better I decided that LS might fit my needs. A subsequent look at the payments after money down, and my preference for manual A/C and cloth seats settled me on that choice. So far I am delighted with the car. With a mix of highway, local and country driving I am averaging 27.5 mpg after 700 miles. and it's a very relaxed cruiser. I am quite happy to have chosen the four.

really nice car

Phil T, 07/22/2015
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the base LS model for styling and price. You get more than expected and I can only nit-pick for anything negative. Mostly I dislike the tiny temperature display on the radio. But this car is the best of 32 or 33 I have ever owned. The 4 cylinder engine has fine power and nice MPG both city and hwy. Express feature to lower all windows is a nice touch. Apparently the 2014 Impalas had two styles; the former square look with square taillights and this new style with the sculptured look and rectangular taillights - former may be cheaper in price but you would be buying outdated styling. I'm told this auto is built on a Cadillac platform and it is definitely above average - get consistent compliments about its great looks. Have 29000miles on car and it has been flawless.... Very quiet with no squeaks, rattles or vibrations. This is my update in March 2020-no changes to previous review. I bought the car as a demonstrator and the discount was almost $8000. No wonder this vehicle is recommended by Consumer Reports and TV's Motorweek! Note: the older style for 2014 was for fleet/rental cars. I keep checking the used car value and it remains very good. Did replace weather stripping on rear doors. This car is above average.

Typical GM

Michael Jock, 11/18/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has hesitated for a long time and the dealer will do nothing to fix it because it does not set off a warning light. It will cost me big money to get into it so I will just stumble along until I trade it in for a Honda or Toyota. The tires were bald at 33k miles. I looked up the stock tires on Tirerack and they are ranked near the bottom. Sometimes the Bose head unit will go blank and freeze for 10 minutes or so. No idea why. This car is typical GM, they Almost get it right......

Texas Chevrolet

Jerry Robertson, 05/22/2016
LT Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Many safety features. Daylight vs dark for the previous model. Soft touch materials. More than adequate power. Very roomy and comfortable with great A/C and high level of technology compared to other cars in the same price range.

I love my car!

llaws, 09/08/2013

So far I have been highly impressed with the 2014 Chevrolet Impala! We were first introduced to it when we rented one to travel down to Harlingen, TX. When we realized Consumer Reports named it as the number one sedan, we made the decision to purchase one ourselves. We have not been disappointed in our decision.

12345...9