Used 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS 8 speed
By union894

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS w/2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

When I first purchased this Camaro I really loved it, this is my 3rd Camaro, but after less than 18k miles I've had the Trans flushed 3 times and it's only getting worse by the day. I don't track the car nor do I abuse the car. The battery has also been replaced at 10k miles. The differential has been flushed 3 times as well. GM has dropped the ball with the 8 speed automatic transmission. Not only in the Camaro but in any GM automobile. I'm throughly disgusted in this car, I should have stuck with my 2010 Camaro 2SS 6 speed manual. It was a basic car as far as creature comforts but a hell of a lot better car mechanically. Buyer beware of the 8 speed auto. Oh and it's going back in for the 5th or 6th time for the shuddering.

Research GM's 8 speed before you buy one
By J warner

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS w/2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This makes the 5th time my 2016 camaro with the 8 speed auto has been in the shop for transmission problems in 27000 miles . There is a very intense vibration when it shifts from 6th-7th-8th gear . The cylinder deactivation also causes vibration and many times a pause between shifting and cylinder deactivation followed by a catch and a thud or very hard shift . The dealer has reprogrammed 4 times and flushed the transmission 3 times each time the problem gets better it is not perfect but better then gradually starts getting worse and worse until I cant stand it and take it in again . After researching this problem online I have learned this is a very common problem in many GM vehicles (cars and trucks ) with the 8 speed auto which is probably why they are going to put the new 10 speed in the camaro next year . I have been very understanding but am fed up and have no choice but to get rid of the car before my warranty is up .

Great Car for the money!
By Cheryl cry

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS w/2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Super fast and fun to drive!!

Lemon award
By LEMON Award

2016 Chevrolet Camaro LT w/1LT 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Let me tell you all the cover ups and defects GM is NOT telling you!
This car is not safe but they cover it up. LEMON LEMON LEMON. AWARD

Dont Buy This Car!
By annonomous

2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS w/2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had 6 Chevrolets, including 2 trucks, 2 Tahoe's and 2 Camaro's. I owned the 2012 Camaro SS and didn't have any trouble with it at all. My 2016 is an entirely different matter. I've had serious problems with major systems. The car has been in the shop 6 times for different (and some same) issues for a total of 22 days, including warped brake rotors, broken exhaust bracket, infotainment system issues, rear axle issues (a metal shard fell out of the axle within 2k miles), "leather" seat issues (the driver seat is coming apart at the seam), the remote start only works about 1/2 the time. I truly want to love this car due to its look and engine performance - it's simply poorly constructed. I have GM looking into taking it back and, if they don't, I'll get an attorney involved for lemon laws.