Used 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Comales
By COMALES

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I never wanted an Avalanche but when I saw it in the lot, I just had to have it. Ever since, I never regret buying an Avalanche, it's never let me down, on the road and on the beach. Family owns Ford trucks but I'm representing Chevy.

It's got to be the Z71 Offroad Package. There ain't nothing that can stop that four wheel drive. It's amazing.

None so far.

6 On One, Half a Dozen On The Other
By sbddmd1

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the versatility of the bed and backseats, came in handy many times. Very comfortable ride.

Cargo bed, bose system and dvd

I put a rebuilt transmission in it with less than 80k miles on it. Power plant not as strong as I expected.

Avalanche Rules
By Freddy Wayne Montoya

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Avalanche for 3 yrs. now. No problems to report, just oil changes and gas! Very roomy interior, love the leather. Drives great, gas mieage is good I think considering the truck and its capabilities. After all, gas mileage in an V-8 is really up to the driver! Overall, I am very happy with this truck and I would recommend it highly to anyone.

Driveablity and powertrain. Also like interior features and Bose sound. Mine has no plastic on body sides. I think it enhances the look on truck.

Remote unlock on tailgate would have been nice.

Just Perfect
By Dave

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've always loved 4-door pick up trucks and I was for 3 years the proud owner of an Explorer Sport Trac but had been looking to replace it with a bigger more comfortable truck so I could feel more secure on the heavy traffic of the I-10. The Avalanche was the obvious answer. Better comfort ride, stronger transmission and more luxurious than the sport trac and actually has the same fuel economy as my old truck. I bought it used but it rides just as new.

The midgate section and the bed cover, not to mention the mean looks it has.

I wish the window could be stored into the midgate folding section, just like in the Sport Trac.

Awesome Avalanche
By Paul Souza

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is by far the best motor vehicle we have purchased. Driving for over 30 years in four season weather the Chevy Avalance is everything we dreamed of. The price was great considering all of the options and versitility this vehicle offers. If you can afford it and need an awesome vehicle this is it!