Used 2006 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

A Great Midsize SUV
By William Bennett

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No major problems up to 100,000 miles then replaced the computer & fuse box--now runs great! However, Love the Car. In fact this is the second Ranier I have owned ( a 2004), which still runs great at 220,000 miles, driven by my sister-in-law.

2006 Buick RunAndDontGoNier
By Toby

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's been an ok vehicle, except for...
- Window control panel shorted out and was smoking when it got a little rain on it and woke up to all windows down and no way to roll them back up
- Load stabilizer pump just stopped working for a month, then started working again but was really slow.
- Traction control doesn't like sharp right turns and engages and disengages repeatedly then gives an error that there is something wrong with the traction control for the rest of the drive then the next day no error.

LOUSY
By P. C. S.

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The newest year car was a 2001, until Now! I've owned it for over 4 months and only driven it for a total of 3 WEEKS. The reason is; shortly after driving it for 10-15 minutes, the engine check light, stabilize tech off come on. If I don't pull off the road and turn the car off for 5-10 minutes it starts losing power and forces me to pull over, idling like a road racer. I've had the car checked out and told it has to do with the fancy-dancy fuel system. Supposedly to make it perform Better, HAH. It's only good for costing me $$$$.

My car was at the mechanics shop from Dec. 27 2016 until April 7 2017. That's 14.5 weeks without driving it, yet the problem was NOT CORRECTED. The dealer, nor my mechanic, have NO idea what's wrong. IT'S STILL NOT FIXED:(
UPDATE: 10/18/17 the buick dealer continues to diagnose the same things, yet nothing correct the problem. It's ONLY a fancy, overpriced run around town car. I don't trust it to use for any trips.
Update 10/19/18 - Haley Buick, in Modlothian, VA was Never able to find the problem after 3 times at their facility. Even after working with the manufactor who was No Help. I traded it with a replacement auto, at a GREAT loss. Only after that I believe the problem is connected to an electrical problem and could be connected to the improper installation of a radio replacement. Something the Experts at Haley's should have been able to diagnose, if they really had skills above a greedy rat!

Love my Buick!
By missmegs702

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning many other cars, incl. a Mercedes C230, my Buick Rainier is by far my favorite car, maybe ever. I'm in my early 30's, and a few years ago I probably would have scoffed at driving a Buick. In 2011 we were looking for a work SUV for my hubby (trailblazer, etc) and came across it at a dealership and got it for a steal. The next year he bought a truck, and I happily took over the Rainier. It is so comfortable, air ride is fantastic and it drives great. We got an extended warranty and had to have some of the suspension fixed (airbags and sensors) right after we bought it, but really no issues since. Have taken it on several long trips and it's just so comfortable! Really a great SUV.

Great gas mileage for an SUV, Leather Seats, Bose sound, air suspension, roomy rear cargo... I could go on and on. Reliability, this car gives me no issues and after spending a fortune maintaining a Mercedes, this really is one of my favorite things about my Buick.

Maybe a little more get up and go or improved handling, but really can't complain.

Problems
By Ken

2006 Buick Rainier CXL 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My grandmother bought this car used for me. She purchased the v8. Of course mpg is terrible. Great power and acceleration. Not enough storage room inside car though. Have had many problems and it has been in the shop for about 2 weeks with some sort of engine problem. ugh!

power, seats