Skip to main content

Used 1 Series for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

I love the 135i

Jorge, 12/03/2010
135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving the car for more than 22,000 miles now and I think I can have some comments: 1. I had the usual problems: The HPFP, the bluetooth firmware upgrade, all the tails lights failing and the safety recall for the seat belts. 2. The run flats awful, replaced them with Michellin A/S now and rides much better 3. Gas mileages is not great. The car has been problem free for the last 5,000 miles and I personally think there is NO perfect car, I was lucky that BMW Charlottesville has been ver professional and helped me all the time when I faced problems. However, if you love cars, this is the one! Test drive one and see for yourself.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Great CPO bargin

SagamoreJack, 08/18/2010
128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a 128i stripper with a manual. It has ample room for 2 people or 4 on a quick lunch run. Fold down back seat and reasonable trunk opening allows hauling good sized cargo. It has expected BMW handling, good acceleration and also is a smooth highway cruiser, except for run flat tire noise. The acceleration is OK, not thrilling. It makes a satisfying growl at WOT. Wide torque curve and slick transmission makes a great combination for moving thru traffic and for sporty curve work. Base interior has very cheap looking and feeling plastic. More Aveo than BMW. The large adjustment knob for manual seats is exactly where your foot goes when cruise control is on. Track day soon

3.5 out of 5 stars

Terrible service, plagued with problems

1porscheman, 08/10/2010
135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Where do I start. Oh, I know. BMW does not care about their customers! I have owned to others in the past, m3 and a 2003 x5. My past experience lead me to purchase (lease) my 1 series. Love the performance, its a fun little car. But. My 1 has just under 14k on on it and its been in for everything under the sun. The fuel pump, the window reg. Motor, radio still doesn't work right, you name it, and the recalls. I could not drive my car at night for a month while I waited for recall replacement taillight, and let me add they provided a car for only a week. Terrible service. I have never (even at gm dealer) had service that was so rude, unprofessional, and unaccommodating.

4.63 out of 5 stars

1st 1,000 miles

1st convertible bot, 01/24/2009
128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All around solid, stays on road. Engine has a "low throaty" sound that sets off other car alarms - too cool! Small size is very convenient, fun and adds to the great acceleration. Quiet interior with top up, car suspension handles train track crossings and bumps with ease. In rain, excellent perf both from a handling, sound & water management. I have to admit, it is expensive and very unpractical, BUT it is a kick in the pants to drive and makes my commute fun! To hell with the economy and my crappy 401K perf - let's go for a drive!

4.88 out of 5 stars

135i not a 3 series

LovenMyBMW , 02/28/2010
135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok lets start out by saying that we all have a opion. This is a 1 series not a 3. So with that said. Understand its smaller. Yes the interior is almost the same. Back and front seats. And head room. Just the body. With the 1 having less weight than the 3. The little beemer is amazing. Is faster than a Cayman, Niss 370, Mustang, and Camaro. Now its not a drag car. Its a sports car with style. Some parts seem cheap but what car under 60k don't. This little car with a back seat that can be used for kids and luggage, small bags and other items is perfect for a person not wanting a big car. If you want big buy a 7 series or a SUV. All said if you are thinking about it. DO IT

12345...16