Used 2001 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Great
By mike

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

know your dealer,Dont trust most people. have a great day.

Bought it used.. too expensive to fix!!
By Sarah M

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Audi A6 2.8 Quattro with 121000 miles in 2014. In the last two years I've put $3000 into it and that was at small area mechanics. It's hard to find someone that knows how to fix them so take it to someone that fixes German cars! The labor is the worst because they're so hard to work on. I feel like every year I dish out more then it's worth at this point, so trying to get a new car and it won't be an Audi. I've had many leaks and the closed transmission system is a pain bc u can't add fluid manually if it's leaking. Also the pixels on the dash were going out when I bought it. Other than that the Quattro has gotten us through SEVERAL feet of snow no problem! That and the Bose system are probably the only good aspects of buying an older model with over 100k miles. Word of advice: make sure it was properly maintained at reputable dealerships and make sure u can afford the repaid costs!

Just bought the A6 Quattro with 210k miles.
By Jimmy Johnson

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This thing runs like a champ, it will need some minor cosmetic work, but or mechanically sound for year and the miles.
I plan to dress this one up, and show it off with a new body kit, and rims and tires.

Fun but a PAIN
By bizbinski

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've got drive a few cars such as a 2005 Caddy STS, a 2008 caddy CTS, a 2012 Buick LaCrosse, 2014 Caddy ATS, and a 2014 Caddy XTS. Honestly the Audi was the best and most fun car to drive. It handles better than all the rest and feels more like a GT car than a fat 4 door sedan. Although it's such a blast to drive the reliability is garbage. I had it for one month before it was having a misfire . After i got that fixed it ran good for a day now it won't stay running. Also the tubing inside is more brittle than glass. Also both cup holders have broke. I've already dropped about $1000 into it but im suspecting to be dropping more in the near future.

Very quick, comfy interior, Front and rear heated seats, automated rear sunshade.

More reliable engine, more practical cup holders and an improved engine bay.

Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
By __ty__

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, so i bought this car off of my inlaws, who bought it certified with 25k on the odo. After owning it myself for 3 yrs, it now has 155k on it. It runs smoothly and effortlessly on the freeway and in and out of traffic around town. A pleasure to drive in all types of weather. Sure-footed confidence in rain, snow & ice. I put 4 studded snow tires on it each winter and have no trouble climbing any WV mountains! Amazing. I repair most things that break myself to keep repairs down to a minimum. 1 yr ago the timing chain guide rail (plastic), broke and cost me a new head! I did most of the work myself with a friend. That one set me back $1,000. A fluke I suppose...gas mileage is so-so.

Quattro (AWD). Interior is beautiful. Very nice, settled ride at all times. Huge trunk. Roomy back seat. Bose CD/radio is still sounding great.

Door handles freeze in winter and doors will not close. Window switches wear quickly. Exterior design is a bit too sterile. Engine seals begin to leak around 90k & require pulling all 4 cams out to replace. A little ridiculous to me. FUEL MILEAGE: 16-19 city/22-26 hwy have been my averages (My dad's AWD twin-turbo BMW gets better mileage and is MUCH quicker than this car)