Skip to main content

4.5 out of 5 stars
44 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2020 TLX, so we've included reviews for other years of the TLX since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Don't listen to Edmunds, A-Spec package is a must!

Zoomn, 01/19/2019
updated 01/25/2021
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec Red 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

This is my third Acura in a row. I've now had a 2013 TSX Special Edition, 2016 TLX 2.4 Tech and now this 2019 TLX A-Spec Red 2.4. While I have always been a fan of and owned many Hondas and Acuras over the years, this one is my favorite by a pretty fair margin. All of that said, the biggest improvement of this TLX over my '16 is the A-Spec package. While my '16 was a nice enough car, it was simply not exciting, or as engaging to drive. This one blends the best of both worlds that my TSX and previous TLX occupied. It has the crispness and interior cache of the TSX with the refinement and comfort of my last TLX. Where the 2.4 Tech was bland, the A-Spec package makes the car not only better looking, but more fun to drive. From the interior all of the way to the exterior enhancements, this car gets allot of compliments. And the A-Spec package runs more than skin deep. The suspension, while by no means harsh, gives a more connected feeling to the driving experience. As I had been satisfied with the 4 cylinder model, I was glad to see the A-Spec model expanded to that engine offering. While not as smooth and powerful as the V6, the 8 speed DCT does an admirable job of delivering good performance with gas mileage that not only exceeds the EPA estimates, but is quite good for this size of sedan. So, to wrap all of this up, anyone looking for an extremely well equipped, comfortable near performance sedan, this car is for you! Update: still driving and enjoying this car! The gas mileage, while not quite as good as my last TLX, is still respectable for a car this size. And performance from the 4 cylinder, while sometimes a bit underwhelming, is pretty snappy in no small part due to the nearly-superb DCT. Handling still impresses. The A-Spec suspension and PAWS makes this car a blast to push deep into corners. My lease is up in October and if I don't buy this one out, I may very well be looking at the all-new TLX. Stay tuned.

Great value among the sea of 4cyl entry levels

don, 12/31/2019
2020 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I looked at the current entry level sedans and what appealed to me is the safety tech that is not even standard on the Germans and you get a naturally aspirated V6. You can get this car cheaper than a 180hp Audi A4 and the bmw 330i with more standard equipment. The seats are comfortable for long commute and you are paying about $100 less per month.

3 out of 5 stars

2020 TLX V6 with Tech Package

Rick Reyn, 10/31/2019
2020 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Our previous two cars were a 2006 TSX and a 2016 TLX V6 with Tech Package. Prior to the 2006, we had a BMW 528i (so there is a suitable comparison). First, it's hard not to end up buying another Acura when you lease it. Unfortunately, their product line is limited and so is your selection. This is my wife's car and she loved the 2016. I've seen every manufacturer's white sedan offering and no, the TLX is not the sexiest. But it does have attractive styling and when compared to most, it holds its own. The wheels are gray so that white on black wheel look is present when you're rolling. The tail pipes and grill are good updates, although the 2016 without the pipes exposed had a "ground effects" look. The interior is EXACTLY the same, except for upgraded leather upholstery with striping in the 2020 model. One thing I'll say it's simple and sleek. No qualms. The info center. Well my vehicle is a 2013 4Runner. Anything's better, but it's my one solace in life, to be in a vehicle where I don't have to interact with an screen . My wife's has zero problems with it. Now I agree the transmission on the 2016 was a little jerky...until we put the car in permanent "sports" mode. Again, that's the answer with the 2020. Now I know I could have probably made due with the 2.4 L, but on our crazy expressway systems in Tampa, with, pardon the expression, idiots tailgating at 80 mph, I dearly love that raw power offered by the V6 as means of escape. This is no passing gear mind you. It's a cannon. It's like the power plant in the 528i. It's there if you need it and it will be effective. We have the AWS in the back, not AWD. To spend that kind of money for this car would not be wise, since there is a sweet spot for what you pay for this car, and the V6 may be the only frill you'd want. The ASpec is basically window dressing. Sportier, but look what you've got to work with. I'm the kind of guy that can get depressed when he reads all the lukewarm reviews about my car and that it's way outclassed, dated, pedestrian, etc. as a "luxury car." Know this, as someone who owned four previous Hondas, and the aforementioned Acuras, this is pretty much the end of the road, outside of the NSX. I asked my 68 year old salesman when we bought the 2016 "What kind of person buys an Acura?" He said "a thoughtful one."

5 out of 5 stars

LUXURY SPORT SEDAN with GREAT VALUE!!

altria7, 03/15/2020
updated 03/25/2022
2020 Acura TLX SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Advance Package (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This car is fantastic!! Let me say to many who believe it to be just a "High end Accord" drive one, there is a world of difference between the two. In Dec I traded my '17 Accord V6 Touring, this car handles way better, is quieter and heavier, and it rides nicer as well. Great handling with the SH-AWD...Only thing I liked better about the Accord was the rear seat legroom, this one is less in that department but still very comfortable for most. I prefer the 2 screen set up with the navigation having the upper screen, I absolutely HATE the stand up screens in most new vehicles as they look cheap and stuck on the dash as an afterthought. Everything works well and the build quality takes a back seat to none of the competition. I compared the MB C class, BMW 3 series, Lexus ES and Audi A6. First off as I have posted in other reviews that the TLX is NOT entry level luxury sedan, again if you want an entry level Acura sedan buy the ILX or perhaps the bare bones 4 cylinder TLX. The advance with V6 and all wheel drive is a totally different animal. The 3.5 V6 is super smooth and quick enough for me with 0-60 in the mid 5 second range. How much more do we really need? One suggestion is that you comply with Acura recommendation of burning Premium fuel. Dont cheap out on this as you will pay for it in the cars performance and repair bills later on down the road. If you can afford this car you can afford to burn premium. Cant say enough regarding my positives with this car, drive one for yourself, you may be surprised at the value for your hard earned dollar! UPDATE..March 24, 2022. Have to say I am extremely pleased with this car after over 2 yrs ownership. Zero regrets guys and gals!!

5 out of 5 stars

Great car and a step up from mass produced cars

AL-N-AK, 09/30/2020
updated 02/24/2023
2019 Acura TLX Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I have owned 5 Hondas two Odysseys and three Accords, I have also had two Toyota Camrys also a 2008 Nissan Frontier (which has cost a small fortune to keep on the road). I am now in possession of two Acuras a 2017 MDX and a 2019 TLX. I have almost totally gone to Japanese cars now. Right now I am liking the Acuras a lot, they are similar to my previous Hondas just more bells and whistle and better handling and interior quality. They are not perfect, but for the $$ they are worth it. I have bought my last few vehicles used the MDX was almost 2yrs when I bought it and the TLX was 14months when I bought it both lease turn ins and single owners. I absolutely love this TLX I've had it for 3 weeks and took it on a 500 mile trip last week. It did great, car was full of people and stuff and still achieved 27.9mpg on 87 octane. I love the SH AWD and love it in the MDX too. You can pull out into traffic even on wet roads and it doesn't spin the tires it just goes. I haven't driven either vehicle in the snow, but I cut my teeth in the MTNs of East TN and my ice driving in Anchorage AK, so I think with the SH AWD systems they should be fine, the TLX weight will help in winter conditions and the SH AWD will be super helpful pulling out and going up hills, only winter tires help for stopping on ice and snow. This is my commuter (which I am not actually commuting at this time, so I can't judge it for that). But my Accord was a great commuter (40 miles each way). this vehicle has more horsepower, better shocks and quieter interior so it should be great. The trip I did last week was unbelievable in that it was so easy to drive with all the safety aids, lane assist, adaptive cruise, raw horsepower and silky transmission, just effortless. Lastly if you put it in Sport or Sport+ it really perks up the throttle and transmission response so it turns it into a lively vehicle. As compared to my Camry SE V6, it stays in sport mode, and it is one of the quickest cars I have owned it does sub 6 second 0-60s all day long, this TLX does all that but with more panache and excellence. Love the car and I think Acura is on the right track with their cars and SUV hopefully it will continue. Oh lastly, why didn't I buy a brand new Accord Touring (similar price)? I don't like turbo engines I keep vehicles for too long to worry if the turbo is going to last. I prefer v8s or V6s. I'd rather have a year old V6 than a brand-new turbo 4, and I don't care which is faster I prefer naturally aspirated cars. The 3.5 V6 and the new Accord 2.0 4-cyl have similar HP and torque I believe the Accord is faster, but I again would rather have a naturally aspirated engine. Update 2/23/2023. I have now owned this car since Aug 2021. We have no issues other than recalls with either of our Acura’s. I am still loving the car but I have come to appreciate the Acura brand more, they do a great job making tight rattle free cars. Since I bought the car we moved to a rural area in TN and the roads are horrible, but this car has some of the best shocks I have ever experienced and it has been wonderful, I use sport mode a lot more here bcs of the hills and curves. I almost sold it (and its bigger sibling our 2017 MDX) this past Monday for a Lincoln Navigator, but couldn’t get past the Lincolns shaking and noise. We left the dealership in the MDX to go home and was so relieved I didn’t close the deal, then I drove my TLX and was excited I didn’t sell the car. We drove a Lincoln Navigator for years and this new model of Navigator I would consider a step down. I am so glad we kept the Acuras and I am glad they were both made before the disease outbreak, you can’t beat Honda quality prior to 2020. We are going to keep driving these cars and if Lincoln improves, we will revisit buying a new one. Money wasn’t the problem it was quality.

1...