Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

I am smiling again
By PACA

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving Acura’s for the past 25 years. I had a 91 & 99 Integra GSRs and must say these cars for the money were the best all around. Stepped up to a couple of TLs and was quite disappointed with the Acura Brand as I questioned build quality. Decided to give the brand one more chance by purchasing used 05 RSX Type-s.
This car as I recalled from the past has a solid build quality with lots of fun factor. Mechanically sound with no problems, excellent gas mileage and a NATURALLY aspirated 210 hp engine. Six speed gear shift is remarkable even with 161K miles.

So far it's been amazing
By cczajka21

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about a month ago with only 84,000 miles on it. For being almost 10 years old, I thought that was pretty good. I have always loved this kind of car and ended up finding one when I wasn't even looking. After the first test drive i fell in love. The 6 speed is amazing and so much fun to drive. It has the perfect amount of power for me and it handles great. I was worried about the mpg because before this car I had a corolla and got excellent gas mileage. I go to college in a big city so I figured that would lower my mpg but I'm getting an average of 29.5 which I thought was good. So far I have had no problems and hope it stays that way so i can keep this car for a long time.

The clutch is still amazing for having 84,000 miles on it. The exterior is amazing as well as the interior. The seats are very comfortable. The 6-disc cd player is great. Very reliable. Good amount of hp especially for a 4 cyl. Good on gas and extremely fun to drive!

They should have never stopped making them!

Bought it brand new. Amazing Car
By nateprice

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it off the lot in 2005. Have had it for 193000 miles. The only thing I've had to replace is the rear calipers which siezed up at 150,000 miles. Still have the original clutch. No other repair costs. And I drive this thing HARD... Brakes last, tires last, amazing gas mileage. 5 spd manual is fun, 160 hp engine could be a bit beefier. Type S isn't that much faster and requires premium. Friend has type s, He barely accelerates faster up to 60 mph. From 60+ the Type S really accelerates better. Handles amazing! Take turns fast with confidence and ease. Steering is responsive

Handling, Interior design, Seats are comfortable and don't break down, reliability. High revving, good sounding motor. Cold air intake makes it sound amazing... I love the red lighting. It is brilliant at night and is easy on the eyes. Most durable car ever. Nothing breaks on it. Honda really knows how to make cars. Had a 1995 accord previous to this with a ton of miles and no problems on that either... Might try infiniti for my next car, but something tells me I'll be coming back to honda...

Auxiliary port for music, more horsepower... It is not good in snow, probably because it is so light... Upside to that is you can push it out yourself... Not a lot of technology. Some rattles, and kind of a noisy ride. I like the stiff suspension, but on Michigan roads it can be an annoyance at times.

Fun little car
By statusone

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first car ever and I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was vivid blue pearl and I had the type-s so the wheels looked amazing as well. The car was definitely a head turner and everyone seemed to like, people would let me thru in traffic (this doesn't happen in something like a bimmer).

It is a Honda so it is reliable as the universe and I had it serviced at Honda (since no Acura dealership was built near me at the time) and I got Honda prices, but Acura prices aren't that bad actually for a luxury car.

It isn't as fast as you'd expect a 210 hp car to be. The problem is you have to wind it up to 6500 rpm to get it going and there's very little torque.

But a fun drive nevertheless

Beautiful car. Wheels, paint, perforated leather interior, heated seats. Red glow in the dash is easy on the eyes. Holds value like a tank.

2nd gear grind. 3rd gear pop out. This can actually end up being dangerous if not taken care of. Tape deck is useless. Interior can be prettier. Seat is a too high and I'm only 5'7. Also it can get uncomfortable on long trips. A few rattles here and there but mostly fixable. Soft paint = Chips easy and can start rusting if not maintained. Maybe it's too beautiful - mine was stolen.

Used Acura
By robertbaseball

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So i'm a new driver and i just bought a 2005 AcuraRSX as my first car. I've driven other cars and the engine noise isen't so loud. Is it just my car or is it just a noisy car? Other than that i love it! Leather seats but very sporty bucket seats. Interior is a little plain but has plenty of room to add an indash navigation system which will do soon. Plenty of horse power even in the non S type. Great car!!