I'm happy with it.
By Skredberry on
2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)
First volvo for our family. After EXTENSIVE searching , we landed on the Volvo v70 non-turbo, specifically for gas mileage and not having to use 93 octane. I can get about 400 miles to a tank, so on top of great mileage, I go long time between fill ups. We bought after having a baby and the stadium seating is great for a car seat to see out the window. My husband is 6' and has some difficulty getting comfortable in the driver's position (the s40 we had for a loaner was roomier, he said). I've been very comfortable driving it and it has nice pickup. I didn't give a 10 for performance because after going from a VWGolf this is not as easy to handle. Good car for antiSUV ppl.
Favorite Features
Roomy! love the ipod hookup we added. Integrated boosters are great. LOVE the automatic wipers. Memory seats are wonderful since the mirrors also move. Also like that its large enough that people get out of your way. Did very well in snow so far.
Suggested Improvements
Make the laminated glass STANDARD. Improve Ipod hkup for navigation. If u have booster seats, the backup radar should be part of option package because kids are the obvious reason for both. Control of cd on wheel needs more functionality. The base whls are a pain to clean. 2nd sunroof opt.