2004 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: Better have deep pockets for r

2004 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

2004 Volkswagen Touareg

V8 4dr SUV (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Better have deep pockets for repairs
By Miles on

2004 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 04 Touareg with 49,900 miles on it. Good thing I got the extended warranty because at 55K miles, the vehicle completely died in the middle of the road. Turned out to be the liquid cooled alternator. Not kidding, a liquid cooled alternator. That repair was over $1,000 but was covered under the extended warranty. The tire pressure sensors constantly act up and remind you about it every time you start the vehicle. Each tire sensor costs $700 to replace. The headlights were flickering on and off. I had them replaced at a price of $598 for the set! Most places wont change the oil, so dealership it was for me. $$$ To sum it all up, this car costs more to maintain than it's worth.

Truly is a comfortable and beautiful car. Plenty of power in the V8. I got compliments on it wherever I went. Plus with heated front AND rear seats, my friends always liked riding with me to go skiing. Chicks dig it, made them think I had money and class. Boy were they wrong.

Hey Volkswagen... instead of spending some much effort on making a car look good, focus on engineering something that doesn't cost its owners a fortune to drive. I'll never own one again!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review