Used 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

It is spacious inside!
By Anna

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

For a long time, I didn't think this car would offer enough space, so I didn't bother to look at it. I considered Subaru Outback, Volvo, and simply did not bother to check what this car has to offer. Turned out, it was just what I needed! Rear seats slide forward to offer more cargo space, the leatherette trim is easy to clean and didn't cost any extra (for 2011 model), the AWD is just fantastic. The car drives like butter, and is quiet. My previous Jetta was just the opposite. Lots of annoying, unnecessary beeping sounds. The Tiguan is smarter, it knows not to beep when I unbuckle on a parking lot! And for all the moms out there - there is plenty of space

Cooling glove-box, leatherette seats, touch screen radio, rear seat slides forwards/backwards, rear seat has easy access to the trunk during trips, smooth drive, good response on curves, beautiful design in and out, very high quality materials (not easily damaged or scratched).

The right knob on the radio is too far away. I like to search manually for stations so the two main knobs should be switched. The driver glove box is hard to open, a latch would be good. Navigation should be optional w/out the sun-roof. Panoramic glass roof over a carseat is not ideal.

• Sedan