2004 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: Super bunny comes to US

2004 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

Super bunny comes to US
By DJCampy on

2004 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

About a year ago I was all set to purchase a WRX, until I drove it. Low quality interior, paint and turbo lag left me feeling flat. Don't get me wrong it's a nice car but not nice enough. It wasn't so much beter than my 1998 Jetta GT that I couldn't justify the $26k. My buddy (who has a 2001.5 GTI VR6 which I liked a lot but it was front wheel drive) told me about the R32 and gave me some european mags covering the car and I was immediately sold. I went down to the dealership and put down the deposit and began my wait. Six months later I took delivery of my black R32. I took it easy on the car for the first 1k miles (to break it in) then the fun began.

Great acceleration in all gears. Change in exhaust note at 45mph. Super solid build quality. Interior quality and polethera of standard stuff.

There could be a little less padding in the rear seats which would give the driver more room when they (the rear seats) are folded forward to get more room out of the already puny trunk. That may also chip down on the 4400 lbs curb weight.