2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Fun and Stylish MPGs
By jmmeeks on 05/13/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

The manual TDI is fun to drive, and gets great mpg. EPA's city mpg is about right - I get 29-32 mpgs on my commute (suburban + city streets, 16 mi. each way). On the highway, though, I usually get 48 mpg. The interior leans high-end - seat warmers, speaker phone, and the spots you actually touch while driving (arm rests, steering wheel, turn signal) have a soft feel. The top of the console extends to an arm rest wide enough for both driver and passenger. The Fender speakers are fantastic, but the iPhone interface can be prickly. When my phone is connected via the media cord, the system sometimes gets confused between that connection and Bluetooth.

So far so good!
By coachbrain on 02/09/13 12:43 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation, Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Reluctantly traded in my Nissan Frontier for this car and had some buyer's remorse when I left the dealership. That has quickly changed when I got close to 600 miles on my first full tank. Everything I've read about the TDI indicates they get better mileage than what they're rated for by the EPA and this seems to be true. I had bought my truck to haul all my kid's sports equipment to and from games and practices before I took a new job that requires lots of travel. Ironically I traded a Jetta 2.5-S for the Frontier and now I find myself driving a Jetta again! This time around, the trunk is roomier than the previous one. I am able to fit a large softball equipment bad, a bucket of

Great Overall Fuel Saver!
By emotionalrat15 on 01/24/13 13:16 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Bought this car in November of 2012 and optioned it with Bluetooth, RCD-510 Touch Screen radio and a sunroof. I love it! Its a great city car, however it needs to have lots of highway miles due to its DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) not burning the soot properly in city conditions,so it clogs up. That was when my mom had it for a week when I was gone and when I stepped into it a warning light came on that it was clogged. I phoned VW and they said drive it on the highway for a few miles and the light will go out. And so it did. I get 46 mpg combined, its a blast to drive, but it needs a bout 20 more hp when merging at freeway speeds. But going slower, there is gobs of torque! I love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel in VA is:

$141 per month*