Hope to keep mine for a long time
By EOS for MEOS on
2008 Volkswagen Eos Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I agree with the positive reviews seen below, so I'll just add my 2 cents to their comments :-) Like others, I'd never even heard of this car until I started shopping around. Before, I was going to own either a Sky/Solstice. I drove the Solstice and it was quick and throaty but in the 'bang for your buck' category, the EOS has no peer, IMHO. I'm getting 26-27 mpg around town, but be warned, heavy footed drivers (like my WIFE!) will get 4-5 less mpg. The shifting in this automatic 6 speed is so smooth that you don't notice unless you watch the tach. There are so many features on the "trip computer" that you may not use half (and I'm a geek!). Save yourself some time and test drive this first!
Favorite Features
Ultra smooth shifting in the automatic, the interior blue/red light scheme, all windows up/down with 1 button, 3 blink turn signal by tapping turn signal arm up or down, no slam trunk (just make contact, truck closes by itself), nagging wife/passenger eject button (just kidding)
Suggested Improvements
This is really fussy. Lights should come on/off automatically at dusk/dawn (I have the Komfort, not sure about others), move 12V adapter jack somewhere besides front storage slot, configure between seat storage box to hold 6 CD cases (now it holds none), better rear seat cup holders