I Like the Car, Just Did not Like the Experience I had with the Dealership and VW Customer Care
By nola17 on
2012 Volkswagen Beetle PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
Purchsd vehcl in Feb & it has ben @ the dlrship 1/2 the time I have owned it. After signing the papers, noticed vehcl had 2 dents on door that had to be repaired. After getting it back, had prblm w/the defective window. Had to bring back 3X for this problm. Was tld vehcl wasn't on recall, but continuously had window prblms. Noticed also that the paint was peeling around the bumpers. Dlrshp told me car paint was wrapped, but sent vehcl to their body shop 2 paint ??? Car has ben back 3X for correction. There now. Have been fighting with VW Customer Care and Dealership just for some type of reimbursement for all of the headache and possible diminish of trade-in valve.
Favorite Features
Thought this was a great car for my daughter's 17th birthday. She cried after all of the problems and since she has been without it for so long.
Suggested Improvements
Tried to get VW dealership and Customer Care to make this right, but have been unsuccessful. They reimbursed me for the window, but nothing else. I feel like they sold me a car with defects and I paid the requested price. Just want them to make this right. When you buy a new car (not demo, etc.), you do not expect to have all of these problems. Considering trading it because I don't want the hassel with the Service Department or any other unknown problems. We are currently in their loaner.