2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Great Truck, But Not Perfect

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Great Truck, But Not Perfect
By Matt on

2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This being my second Tacoma, I expected Toyota to have made an amazing truck even better. It is better in some aspects: size, comfort, ride, and amenities. But, one thing I have found so far is that this truck has many little annoyances. For example, the brakes are a joke. It feels like I'm driving a car from the seventies with no power brakes. I feel myself being very cautious when stopping at a red light - afraid I might just run over the car in front of me. Can't imagine towing a boat or a trailer with these brakes. Another thing is a mysterious sound coming out of the driver-side seat belt pillar. It sounds like a screw is rolling around in there. Very annoying.

Design (inside and out), Toyota reliability, ride and comfort, resale value.

Improve brakes (they are HORRIBLE). You can barely feel the auto transmission upshift (which is nice), but you can really feel it downshift (especially around 30 mph). Get rid of mysterious rattle in seat belt pillar.