2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
wish i still had my old 99 taco
By david on 02/09/10 14:09 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

traded my 99 for this thru the frame recall/buyback and have been very displeased. first didn't get delay wipers with basic package. had radio replaced before 10k kept going off/changing stations. clutch started slipping at 20k miles repaired under warranty. on hot days clutch pedal creaks. leaf springs started making creaking at 10k had new silencer pads installed under warranty. the traction buzzer is VERY annoying if you slide sideways. ice builds up around front output of t-case on wet slushy snowy roads makes bumping under floorboards.

Great Little Truck!
By Dave on 08/05/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Only had my Taco for two weeks, but I love it! Interior is laid out logically, and is more comfortable and roomy than I expected. The engine is quiet and peppy even though the tranny has rather high gearing (75 mph at 2500 rpms). The 5sp manual shifts easily and smoothly. The ride is smooth and extremely quiet for a truck. Handling is average, but drives like a car on the highway. Radio and A/C work great. The standard tires and rims don't do much for the looks but ride great and are quiet.

Best taco I've ever bought
By slyonEI on 07/24/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a car on the road most of the time. Drives like a sports car on the dirt roads. 4 seats - 9 cup holders. Very cold A/C. Surprisingly good on gas considering its size. Only real gripes are the always-on speedo lighting (fine until it's dark, then you become popular with the police 'cuz you thought the lights were on). And wipers. I live in the northeast - there is no intermittent setting on the wipers. My '99 base model corolla had that! If it's drizzling it's a pain to hit that every 5 seconds. You put a/c in the thing and power windows...and 9 cup holders. Couldn't you do that Toyota?

I'm happy with my Tacoma
By Dave on 06/16/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for about 4 months and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I was a little concerned that the engine might be a bit wimpy but I find it can hold its own in traffic with no problems. Everything seems to be working well. No unexpected wind noise or squeaks, and my radio works great.

My 3rd Tacoma
By Jerry B on 01/27/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the SR5 Access cab in the new Timberland Mica (dark green) and really enjoy the smooth ride this truck offers. I have a 4 cyl. 1998 and had a 2004 PreRunner, but I like this truck better than the 6 Cyl. PreRunner; easier to get in and out. I wish the fog lights were standard egpt., but I had the dealer add them, along with the XM radio. The 4 cyl. has plenty of power and it rides like my wife's Highlander Limited. This is one nice little truck; thanks again, Toyota.

A pleasure
By feesey on 11/08/08 15:57 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck surpasses my 2 previous Toyota trucks in comfort and features, inside and out. Last Toyota was a '99 SR5 4x4. After 10 great years, lost to the '08 frame recall for which I was reimbursed . No other vehicle was better in its class. Looking at fuel prices and my new status as a senior, a modest baseline, 4x4 4 banger was my choice. I tested heavily before I bought, steep mountain grades on gravel to blacktop straightaways with 1/4 ton of clay aboard (quite a sight at the dealership!). Pleasantly surprised at power and agility. The 2.7-4 really performs, unexpectedly quiet, watch the tach. Front transmission is now on a switch - nice touch. Cab is roomy.

2.7 4x4 Access Cab 5sp
By Tom on 09/04/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I live in the mountains and have found that the 2.7 liter has more than enough power for effortless driving. I also have a 2006 Toyota FJ cruiser, 4 liter V6 auto, so it is interesting to compare the two vehicles. I have not found the 2.7 liter to be under powered, also the ride is more comfortable because of the longer wheel base. One of the reasons for getting the Tacoma was because of the good fuel economy that I experienced with the FJ Cruiser which replaced a Jeep Liberty.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma Access-cab in VA is:

$117 per month*