Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

It's a Toyota
By Dave Grammer

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You can't really go wrong with Toyota, and the safety that go's with it

everything is right there for you and you really don't have to look away to find it

Rear seats fold down so the front seats lay down more for a flater resting posision after driving for 20 hours and you don't want to stop at a motel for a few hours of not looking at the road

2003 Tocoma
By Shawn Gerrow

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The more I drive it, the more I love it. It allows a man with a wife and kids to still own a serious truck and avoid the dreaded mini-van! The back seat is very comfortable with plenty of legroom, even for adults. It is comfortable on the highway and competent off-road. I am completely impressed with its off-road abilities, its height and locking rear differential have allowed me to go places my previous pickup could only dream of. To top it all off, it looks awesome too!

The locking rear differential, roof rack and power door locks are my favorite features. The roof rack is perfect for holding my canoe and the locking rear differential allows me to get it and me to my favorite fishing spots. With four doors power door locks are a must!

The clock is almost invisible to the driver and really needs to be moved. The cost of my model is a bit high due to all the standard equipment. I really didn’t need power windows, power mirrors, cruise control and a standard transmission. Improved gas milage is a must.

toy 4 trd
By mh

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Perfect do it all vehicle with a great on and off road manner. Comfortable for four passengers yet able to tow, haul and achieve very respectable gas mileage. This vehicle is very reliable, looks good on the town and on the trail.

Locking differential. Visual styling. Suspension travel. Smooth engine and transmission.

Suggest more comfortable seats. Engine Power is good but I am sure more power would sell more and make it more exciting. Toyota must always be sure to stay on top of the off road prowess, it is a large selling point. Could benifit from an even more silent and solid interior.

I love it
By Peter I

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The fit and finish is top noch. It's a pleasure to drive. I enjoy my truck very much. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

I love the off road look with the TRD package.

Make gas mileage better!!!!! I only average 17 mpg overall!!!!!!

Tacoma 4x4 4 door
By uvlsalsmn

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck at a great price!