2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Solid Truck
By RT on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent Truck. TRD package is worth the extra. Some minor rattles in the dash area.

Ride is nice
By Lee on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Everything I read said the tacoma's ride was unpleasant. I'm a 6'5'' 210lb guy and im not uncomfortable. I will say though the first week I owned it the seats where tough but thats expected its a new truck! This truck has power and you can feel it while in lower gears. Pickup is nice too. No real blind spots that i see.

Ride is nice
By lee on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Tacoma PreRunner V6
By Adgirl on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A truck even a girl likes to drive. Replaced a 2000 4Runner for the Double Cab Limited edition with TRD package. Added a hard tanneau cover (Snug Top) that I love. It's a must for saving gas and locking up gear. Heard Toyota is looking to offer it as an option. Everyone is right about the clock, you can't see it in the driver's seat. Dials and gadgets could be updated. The double cab is awesome and provides lots of room. Way better than an SUV.

2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
By dj-luv on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Turned in a 4-runner to get this Tacoma prerunner Limited. I like the way it drives better than the 4-runner, more power! The 3.4 L V6 is a lot of fun to drive. A good looking truck at high price. Love the TRD off-road package.

love my truck
By saucenj on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

love my truck. looks great and fun to drive. smooth acceleration and lots of power to spare on merge and passing. lucky on getting truck below invoice... bit pricey.

love it
By darbytee on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got rid of a Ford F-150 4x4 to get this and I haven't regretted it for one minute. i have plenty of space, plenty of power, and I'm getting about 20 mpg, which I never even approached in the Ford. The smaller bed took a little getting used to, but with the help of tiedown straps I regularly carry 4x8 sheets of plywood with no problem. I would recommend this truck without hesitation.

great truck
By ba2ty on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

fun to drive great styling lots of room