2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Shame on Toyota

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

Shame on Toyota
By KC Cookie on

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Our Toyota 2003 Rav4 was very nice. My husband did all the oil changes, rotating tires, brakes and any other kind of maintenance on car. It was fine until about a week ago and our transmission started acting up. We took it to a transmssion shop and they said to replace transmission at $5000. We decided to check out reviews on the internet and found out we weren't the only ones with this problem. I use to trust toyota, but now I feel betrayed. They knew about it and didn't tell the consumer. Besides their Gas pedal problems now they are recalling not the RAV4's, but 2003 Sequoila's. This is for that car's transmission. Go figure ! I'm going to Honda now!

It was very reliable and good in snow, until the transmission started going out.

I think Toyota needs to stop being so greedy. Quit trying to line the pockets of the executives. Don't start putting cheap parts into your cars. If you change your ways you might be able to come out of this not totally losing all of your integrity. You have lost my business though !
By bbeek
on 01/02/11 18:39 PM (PST)

Please read my post from 12/30/10. You can file to recover your transmission repair costs!!