2005 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Greg on

2005 Toyota Matrix AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This may be the best car I've ever owned. Very well designed from an ergonomic standpoint. I now have 147000 miles on it and haven't spent a nickel on it for maintenance beyond the obvious (oil changes, brakes, tires and the like). I check my gas mileage at every fill-up, that being my "thing," and get 30mpg if I have been throwing caution to the wind, and upwards to 33 mpg if I slow down; most of my driving is on the highway. It isn't the quietest car I have been in but it is comfortable. I do find I have to be quite careful to look backwards for a blind spot. However in this age of craving hybrids, this is a great car with the standard internal combustion engine.

Great sound system. Comfortable seats. I have an arthritic back, hence the easy in-and-out versus the step-up to an SUV was a pleasant surprise. Also, I've never had a problem with it getting stuck vs. a reasonable challenge.

It might be the perfect vehicle with a bit more ground clearance. As it is I am exceedingly pleased. I owned a RAV4 and as much as I loved that vehicle I like this better as it has more acceleration.