2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Weak horsepower
By rfbry on 07/08/14 04:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter's 16th birthday so that she could take it to college when she is 18 and it is perfect for her. No problems at all. With that being said, my 2005 Sienna was in the shop recently and I had to put my family of 5 in it to go around town in. That put approximately 700 lbs of weight in the car. This car was very sluggish with this much weight in it. It had absolutely no get up and go to it. It is not a family car. My husband who is 5'10" had a really hard time fitting in the car and was very uncomfortable in it. This car is only good for one or two people and that is it.

car making noise
By miranda5 on 03/15/14 10:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2013 toyota corolla LE last July. I've had two big problems so far. 1) screeching noise when cold start ( it has been going on for the whole winter) 2) starts from last month ( my car has 3500 miles so far), there has been whistling noise come from the front of my car when I speed up ( with the window open, I can hear very clearly. When the window is closed, I can barely hear it). The noise is really annoying......it makes me so worried...I'm so scared by car problems.... The reason I bought a new car is because I don't want to have car problem any more...but look at this........... Does anyone has the same car problems as I do?

Corolla LE plus Power Windows don't work in cold weather
By elliot732 on 03/05/14 11:38 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the 2014 Corolla LE plus for less than two weeks. During that time, anytime the temperature drops below 20 degrees F, the front windows won't come down (open) I took it in for service, but everyone in the dealership I spoke with swore up and down that the same happens in cold weather to their front windows, too. I lodged a complaint with Toyota corporate, but they say they can't do anything about it now.

Great car, GREAT gas mileage...
By sliverit on 03/03/14 09:46 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving a GMC Sierra as of late, and getting 13-15 mpg, so I really needed something for my drive. I bought the 2013 Corolla S to commute across Phoenix. It drives really nicely. Tight, responsive steering, excellent braking, good acceleration (especially considering it's a 1.8!) and a good looking car. I'm 6'2" and the interior is a little tight for me, but it's not too bad. I just drove to Idaho and back for a funeral, and I averaged 34 mpg. Long hours in the car aren't super comfortable, but overall, for the money, it's a great, zippy little car that gets excellent gas mileage and is pretty fun to drive. AND it's a Toyota, so it's gonna last! I would highly recommend one!

I love my Javier! ;)
By mrsneal on 02/03/14 21:30 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Corolla! I loved the warranty options offered by ToyotaCare, and I generally couldn't be happier with my dealership and that entire process. There are very few negative things I can even say about this car. The gas mileage is great, I average 32.2 around town! When it comes down to it, he's not a luxury sedan, and there aren't umpteen million bells and whistles, but he's fun, sporty, and an all around an awesome car if you're not a nit-picker. More electronic garbage is more to possibly malfunction, I don't need it. (Even saying this, my '92 Celica's electronics all function perfectly, so I really wasn't concerned in Toyota's functionality, other brand owners, beware!)

Should have bouth the Civic.
By justin82 on 12/21/13 08:52 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking at the Civic LX and The Corolla LE. I ended up with the Corolla. The dealer I worked with gave me an ok deal on the car and my trade, but it was the 0% financing that sealed the deal. I will say that I am not impressed with this car at all. It was in the garage 2 different time before I had 500 miles on it. vvt-i gears, both of them. Now I'm going to be making another appointment because I'm getting a very hard shift from 1st to 2nd gear. I should have went with the Civic.

Great car so far
By yankees102110 on 09/23/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new back in April. So far 8,000 miles and no issues. I am averaging around 30mpg. This is my first Toyota Ive always owned ford focuses, I test drove the 2013 focus and hated the way the transmission felt. I have no problem at all with the 4-spd transmission that the corolla offers and the car has plenty of peep when i need it. I love the electronic steering. I have the premium package so it comes with the 17 inch rims and the sunroof.

disatisfaction
By mfbernier05 on 09/12/13 18:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new back in April 2013. I paid for leather and heated seat. Since I bought to car everything I drive it I have chronicle back pain. the discomfort is behind description. It was the biggest mistake of my life. In addition, the dealer where I bought the car was in my opinion, the worst of all.

2013 Corolla S.
By elvis765 on 09/05/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Many people pan the Corolla's aging platform saying it has drum brakes etc. Well the Ford Focus has drum brakes and people think it is the best ever. I drove both cars, owned the new Dart and sold it, driven the Chevy Cruise and Noisy Mazda 3. Out of all the cars I did like the new Civic the most, however their price premium at dealer lots is not worth what you get on Civic Vs. Corolla. The new 2014 Corolla doesn't change much from the old and I didn't feel the need to wait for the newer model. The car is quiet, smooth, and build quality compared to the Dart isn't even close. The Focus was small on the inside compared to the Corolla and I would buy another Corolla in the future.

While I admire the styling cues of the Elantra, the built quality, reliability, smooth ride, and reliability of the Corolla takes the win here.
By amac8 on 07/28/13 08:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lets be honest, the interior of the corolla may be antiquated and the engine power may not be as responsive as some other competitors. That being said, this is a nice vehicle to have in your garage. I admire the Hyundai Elantra's styling for both the interior and exterior. When i test drove the Elantra everything felt good, but i did not feel the sense of longevity. The civic is also a great choice but to package up to the standards of the Corolla S, I might as well buy a Camry SE. The Corolla S is the best choice here. Everyone speaks about the appearance as boring but My Corolla Grabs eyes on the highway, and it looks similar to the 06-11 Camry S which was #1 in sells for its model years.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$153 per month*