2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Amazing car!!
By BarriBum on 09/20/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far the best car I've ever purchased. It is sporty yet roomy, rides almost like a luxury car but with serious kick, and people constantly comment on how sharp it is. I will absolutely buy a Solara again...I'm an author and travel to booksignings, so it was important to look good but be affordable and cost-efficient. I'm getting almost 30 miles per gallon on the highway, and for the performance and gas prices these days, that has been one of the most pleasant surprises!

NASCAR-loving Grandma
By Carol L. on 07/10/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 70-year-old widow who wanted an age-appropriate "sports car" which would cause youngsters at stop signs to turn around and stare approvingly at it. Do they ever! Mine is Lunar Mist Metallic and has great pickup, but is NOT a comfortable ride for passengers. It has a fantastic sound system for CDs, and I smile every time I slide into those leather seats and drive off. I also have an older Toyota sedan for long trips and passenger comfort - so my new Solara is (so far) used just for happy, fun, reliable city driving. I can recommend it highly for older singles who love to drive but don't want to spend their money on a Lexus. My new Solara is my favorite gift to myself!

It's a good quality item
By Jason on 06/07/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have found this to be an excellent vehicle. The fit and finish of the interior is excellent, very good quality materials with good styling. I've heard bad reviews about the engine and the power it produces, but I have zero complaints about the get up and go. The power is sporty enough for most normal human beings, and the car handles well through turns. Although the the owner's manual recommends premium fuel, you can still put regular in it without any problems. However, I think you'll notice a difference if you spend a little more on the premium.

GOOD & BAD OF TOYOTA SE SPORT
By B OB SUMMERS on 03/18/05 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The styling of my Solara is very sleek and has been compared to the Lexus.The interior is beautifully trimmed with everything in its place. gas mileage on the open road is great. The only problem I have is the SE Sport is too stiff. I should have gotten the SE.

Best I have ever had
By Pamela Byrd on 12/11/04 07:36 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been amazed by the performance of this car. We went from a Lincoln Continental to the Solara and I was a little concerned about the comfort and accceleration. We have enjoyed it and have no complaints other than the heating and cooling system. It seems like it is hard to adjust. Other than that all I can say is THANKS TOYOTA.

05 solara low build qualit rattles etc.
By Rick on 12/07/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Solara is just ok, build quality does not meet my expectations for a (TOYOTA), rattles, thumps and bumps. I hope the reliability lives up to expectation. I wish I had spent a few thousand more for a Mercedes C-Class! We have one my wife drives, it is a PERFECT 10! CAUTION sady finance and insurance dealings. WATCH OUT, I caught them. Buy a C-Class! Rick

Classy yet Sophisticated
By Tiffa on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never made a better investment. I have no complaints whatsoever with this car. I was even involved in 2 minor accidents and the car held up beyone my expectations and I didn't it feel the impact as much as I would have in my old car.

Drive By Wire
By Joe_P on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more pleased with this "Personal Car". A joy to drive, and compared to most, takes the curves "on rails". Main reservations center on the "drive-by-wire aspects: a brief hitch in throttle, shift, and brake response while a "chip" considers the drivers intentions. Most serious reservation: the vacume assist brakes which stop OK, but only after the pedal is half way to the floor!

A great car for me!
By clh42980 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just brought home my 05 SE Sport Coupe (V6), I have researched so many cars on edmunds.com before making my selection. I am a eclipse gal (had 4), still have a 00 eclipse gt BUT the inside is so very tiny on it. I was looking for something a bit more spacious, even looked at the Lexus is300, but decided to go with the Solara b/c it's front wheel drive. This car is still very stylish like my eclipse, but a bit more upscale. I have so much more room! There is a bad blind spot when changing lanes in the 00eclipse's, but I can see clearly in the solara! Also, the inside is not cramped. I can have more room (w/the sportronic gearshifter too), with still a 2 door car. Def a good choice for me.