Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Amazing car!!
By BarriBum

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far the best car I've ever purchased. It is sporty yet roomy, rides almost like a luxury car but with serious kick, and people constantly comment on how sharp it is. I will absolutely buy a Solara again...I'm an author and travel to booksignings, so it was important to look good but be affordable and cost-efficient. I'm getting almost 30 miles per gallon on the highway, and for the performance and gas prices these days, that has been one of the most pleasant surprises!

6 disk CD changer, alternate between manual and automatic, roominess

automatic seat adjustment on passenger side (as it is on the driver's side)

NASCAR-loving Grandma
By Carol L.

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 70-year-old widow who wanted an age-appropriate "sports car" which would cause youngsters at stop signs to turn around and stare approvingly at it. Do they ever! Mine is Lunar Mist Metallic and has great pickup, but is NOT a comfortable ride for passengers. It has a fantastic sound system for CDs, and I smile every time I slide into those leather seats and drive off. I also have an older Toyota sedan for long trips and passenger comfort - so my new Solara is (so far) used just for happy, fun, reliable city driving. I can recommend it highly for older singles who love to drive but don't want to spend their money on a Lexus. My new Solara is my favorite gift to myself!

Black leather interior, moon roof, CD player and stereo system, electric driver's side seat AND radio controls, black and silver interior colors.

Softer ride for passengers!

It's a good quality item
By Jason

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have found this to be an excellent vehicle. The fit and finish of the interior is excellent, very good quality materials with good styling. I've heard bad reviews about the engine and the power it produces, but I have zero complaints about the get up and go. The power is sporty enough for most normal human beings, and the car handles well through turns. Although the the owner's manual recommends premium fuel, you can still put regular in it without any problems. However, I think you'll notice a difference if you spend a little more on the premium.

Styling is great, very good quality inside and out. Engine provides plenty of juice.

Wish it had auto climate control.

GOOD & BAD OF TOYOTA SE SPORT
By B OB SUMMERS

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The styling of my Solara is very sleek and has been compared to the Lexus.The interior is beautifully trimmed with everything in its place. gas mileage on the open road is great. The only problem I have is the SE Sport is too stiff. I should have gotten the SE.

Styling, inside and out. Pick-up speed

I didn"t know the SE Sport was so much rougher riding then the SE

Best I have ever had
By Pamela Byrd

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been amazed by the performance
of this car. We went from a Lincoln
Continental to the Solara and I was a
little concerned about the comfort and
accceleration. We have enjoyed it and
have no complaints other than the
heating and cooling system. It seems
like it is hard to adjust. Other than
that all I can say is THANKS TOYOTA.