2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
One of the best I've ever owned.
By Barbara Lestician on 07/04/06 16:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It handles with the conditions of the roads. When it was icy and slippery it holds the road great. Performance over all is excellent.

Top Down Excellence
By CPisieczko on 07/19/05 00:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Solara for a couple months now, and am happier with it every day. After shopping I was down to the Solara and a Mercedes 320. This was by far the better buy, as it has the quality and styling of any car on the market. The only drawback I have is the poor visibility in the rear when the top is up, but that's true with most convertibles. I've had several Chrysler convertibles, and there is NO Comparison.

The Dream Convertible
By Terri Noyes on 06/25/05 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have waited since I was 16 to find the perfect convertible-the Toyota Solara is fantastic-it is the quality of a luxury car with an unbelievably great price.

Serious Solara
By Edmo on 05/27/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! When in traffic around town, its smooth and quiet, but when the need arises.. there is power to spare! It's fun and quick. The JBL stereo works great and the convertable top is a champ! I had the sport ground effects added and he look is awsome! Get one today!

Comfy, not sporty
By Michael Betcher on 05/11/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fast enough, good-handling enough for the occasional spirited flog, but this car makes me want to drive slowly and enjoy the open-air experience rather than rush to get somewhere. The cockpit is very calm with the top down, and even more so if the front windows are up. I believe the cabin is even more quiet than my wife's Maxima when the top is up, perhaps a function of the sound-deadening quality of the fabric top. Definitely a smooth and stylish cruiser, with all the practical amenities of an everyday driver. It makes a routine drive enjoyable, and what more can you ask?

My 2005 Toyota Solara SE Convertible
By Gary Green on 05/09/05 15:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving the 2005 Toyota Solara was a new experience for me as I had been driving a 1989 car. The convertible with the 3.3liter V-6 is smooth, quiet and has plenty of power. The interior and exterior are pleasing and modern. The rear seats actually hold two adults comfortably. The red exterior with black leather and trim causes this car to stand out in a crowd. Some of the things that I do not like are: the drivers seat speed; much too slow, the rear view is mostly blocked by the huge rear head rests, and the instruments atop the dash are difficult to see in bright light. The convertible top is simple to lower, and raise.

Fun to drive
By Solara Convertible on 04/19/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a pleasure to drive, very smooth and very quiet. When the top is up it doesn't even feel like a convertible. My only complaint is the small back window but you get used to it.

Most Fun-to-Drive Car I've Ever Owned!
By Sharon S on 04/16/05 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first convertible that I've owned and I absolutely love it! It's a beautiful car on the outside and very stylish on the inside. The ride is smooth and quieter than I expected for a soft top. The seats are very comfortable and the sound system is nice... basically like sitting in your living room chair, listening to your stereo. Reviewers on other sites complain about the lack of sports car performance on this car, but this not a sports car, its a touring car with extra horses. Lastly, the price is right for those like me, looking for luxury at a reasonable price. It even uses regular 87 octane gas! This car strikes just the right balance between practical and fun.

I don't love it
By Mar1454 on 02/27/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love the styling, the ride is smooth, plenty of back seat space for guests -- BUT -- the blind spots are horrible and there is a slight hesitation on acceleration on the highway.

Solara Convertible
By Richard on 02/10/05 20:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A very solid feeling car to drive and appears to be very sure footed on the road. Probably due to the 15 inch tires. V6 has good power but starting is not consistent. The car will start and then stop if you do not keep turning the key until the car starts. We are very unhappy about this and especially since the dealership has said that this is because of fuel injection. We have had many cars with fuel injection and not had this problem. Also disappointed in the shifting of the transmission. When turning corners you have what the dealership calls wire lag because the transmission is controlled by a computer. This causes the car to surge. Again no current fix according to the dealer.