Used 2012 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

L-O-V-E this car!
42 of 110,053 people found this review helpful
By smokeyjoe

2012 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with the "boats" of the 1970s, driving used Caddys, Pontiacs & Buicks that wouldn't fit in a modern garage. I loved the "float" and the overall comfort those cars provided. I seriously considered a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis and Caddy DTS before noticing the Avalon. The Caddy was too pricey and the interior didn't really suit me...the CV/GM just were so outdated that I wouldn't be happy. The Avalon is a perfect mix of comfort and amenities. The rear seat is so spacious that my 4-yo's feet can't reach back of my seat! The steering wheel tilts far down like the cars of yesteryear (and current Buicks) and telescopes right to me. I love how the car rides. I would recommend it..HIGHLY!!

Interior design Steering wheel tilts farther down than anyone else's besides Buick, and telescopes out far enough that I can drive with my hand on top of the steering wheel Instant MPG calculator 25 MPG in mixed driving...3 MPG more than my wife's Fusion!

Audio system is...okay. Definitely not audiophile quality. Would suggest an upgrade. Keep the car's overall length AS-IS....stop shrinking all the cars, auto makers! Better exterior styling is in order...this car really doesn't evoke any emotion or opinion, positive or negative. It just....is.