2001 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: My Avalon

2001 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

My Avalon
By Lezahm on

2001 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For my retiree life, I have enjoyed the economy of my Avalon. Trunk is very roomy. Would like an American seat. Needs more room in front than back. Dials need to be in front of steering for time, mileage, etc. Toyota should not scrimp on good tires on a new model, as their brand had to be replaced in 15,000 miles, when the manufacturer warranted (with fine print) 30,000. I bought a different brand and paid full price for Michelin which I asked for when purchased but they would not give to me; therefore I had to take their tires if I wanted the car. I did not like that. I got no consideration unless I replaced the shabby tires that came on it from that company.

Favorite Features

Will go when I want to go. Size of trunk. Clean lines, with sufficient head room. I have very low mileage compared to average driver and keep it serviced.

Suggested Improvements

Put mileage dial in larger letters near the steering heel It is too far away. Close hole between seats in front, as items fall through to rear floor. Engineer it so viewing oncoming traffic from the right when another passenger is in front seat, so driver can look to right and see what is coming.