2004 Toyota 4Runner 4.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - LEMON

2004 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

LEMON
By Randomguy32 on

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got a lemon. The exhaust leaked inside the cabin (dealer never able to fix). The electronic stability control system was itself never stably operated (dealer never able to fix). 4wd high didn't always engage (dealer never able to fix). The sunroof would open and close at its own discretion (dealer never able to fix). The fuel cap release latch broke 3 times. The radio petered out, was fixed, reinstalled, and broke again. I wasn't able to drive the vehicle for 2 months of the year I owned it and Toyota would not take it back as a lemon citing Massachusetts' loose lemon laws.

Favorite Features

Resale value. Apparently these things have a good reputation and I was able to trade it in at another dealership and only take a $3,000 hit on the vehicle's value. Never again will I consider a Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

Customer service and satisfaction. A vehicle is a huge investment for the average working guy and he cannot afford new transportation every year because of terrible build quality and a refusal to exchange an obvious lemon.