2009 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Recent buy....Loving it so far
By KR on 07/15/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Loving the Suzuki Crossover so far. Got the loaded Touring trim. Lots and lots of extras for the money. CAN NOT beat the features for the money. Nav, heated seats and mirrors, keyless entry and start. Great safety features...insureance only went up $12/yr. Drives and handles great. Biggest for us, was the AWD. Can't wait to drive it around during a Maine winter. We've owned Toyota, Mitsu, VW, Dodge, Pontiac. We believe we got the best value for the money, by far, this time around. We also love that everyone else isn't driving one. We'll see how it holds up. If it does well for a while, we plan to return for a Suzuki purchase for our other vehicle...the Equator truck to replace a Durango.

Unhappy follow up to "Bye Bye Benz"
By tsloan on 07/10/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover for less than a month now. It is scheduled to go into the shop early next week because the airbag light has come on and will not go off. Browsing the internet blogs I have discovered that this is quite problematic for Suzuki and the SX4. Other owners have complained that Suzuki is not honoring its warranty and are not being cooperative. A courtesy car will most likely not be offered since the car is technically operable (just not sure how safe it is to drive? will the airbags deploy when I driving down the street? do the airbags work?) The fuel economy continues to be very poor. The driver's seat is causing back pain, and I'm a healthy 38yo man.

Great Car
By DS on 07/01/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. It has a personality, looks good and runs well. Originally designed by Fiat.

Great, misunderstood car
By baldwin on 06/24/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car! I've had mine for a year now, and it has run flawlessly and handles great. It very much is the crossover vehicle that it is supposed to be. It is a very small cross-over SUV. People want to compare it to sub- compacts, but it is really not in that class. It has much bigger wheels and chassis, which reduce its gas mileage, but give it much greater strength when stressed. It has a 7" ground clearance, vs 4" for most sedans. This car can be compared to smaller SUVs. Think of something like a Hundai Tuscon, but strip away all the hunky metal. An extremely lean frame is put onto a solid chassis. It has plenty of room for 4 people. It drives well at high speeds/ long distances.

Bye-bye Benz
By tsloan on 06/21/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2005 C-class 4matic mercedes for touring model of the sx4 crossover. I was wanting a smaller car with awd for the colorado winters. I've only had the car a few days. So far so good. It is sporty getting around town, but it really has to work hard to get up the foothills of the Rocky Mts. SX$ has the same fuel economy as the benz. I seriously considered the Honda Fit, but the Fit had a rough ride on even smooth roads and had horrible road noise even at low speeds. The SX4 has a surprisingly smooth ride and minimal road noise. It is a little more exotic than the hondas and toyotas- --at least around Denver. The view from inside the car gives impression of a bigger car

Great Crossover
By jwjones on 05/31/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I could not be any more please with the quality and attention to detail, very fun to drive.

2009 Suzuki SX4 crossover vs. 2008 Sedan
By Jaysx409 on 04/11/09 16:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 SX4 Sedan last June that got totaled when someone rear- ended me on April fools' day. So I get a 2009 SX4 Crossover with navigation, and would like to point out the differences I noticed from the 2008 Sedan, which I put over 13,000 miles on. 5-Speed: Smoother clutch action, easier to make smoother shifts. Shifter works smoother too. Ride: Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is also standard. I noticed less body roll in sharp curves and a more stable ride quality. More fun to drive! Interior: Controls a little smoother, interior panels seem to be of better quality. And I can't help but love the hatch with the fold-and-tumble seats, along with a rear window wiper.

Awesome little AWD car! Love it
By Busy Mom on 03/29/09 12:20 PM (PDT)

I bought this car right before winter started (I had a Toyota Matrix before) and boy was I glad! This car is great in the snow. It gets me where I need to be, from snowy roads in New Hampshire through crowded streets and in tight parking spots in downtown Boston. This car is powerful, small, easy to parallel park, and fun to drive. Although it is small, it is well designed. My son sits in the back in his toddler seat no problem. I have also sat in the backseat, and while it isn't as spacious as a SUV of course, your feet aren't squished. The seats and spacing is well designed.

The Unknown Car?
By Keefe on 02/03/09 07:32 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Technology Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This purchase was forced on me by my dying truck. I was trying to wait until the summer but had to go car shopping a little early. I test drove the automatic which was what I wanted. This thing moves pretty well. The steering is tight and very responsive. The interior has plenty of head room and the dash is very well lit. AWD is available, but I haven't used it yet. Snow has been lite. Strange thing is people question me on why I brought this car instead of a Honda, Subaru, Ford,etc. For me, I like to think outside of the box and not be the follower. This car is more than what some would think. Give it a shot before you shoot it down. You'll enjoy the Crossover and its features.

Joe J's Review Ft Lauderdale
By Joe Johnson on 12/24/08 20:51 PM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the middle, tech package with 2WD and 5-speed. The car is great fun to drive and a rare small crossover model that is actually comfortable with great seats and dash layout. I test drove the automatic, but it was boring. The 5 speed is more like a beamer in that it drives very tight, corners and hugs the road nicely and is fun. The layout of the folding seats is well designed and there's plenty of room in the back for stowing items. With auto show coupon and rebate, car is available way below dealer cost. best value in mini crossovers, under 16K for the tech package. Car even comes with loaner privileges and 3 year roadside assistance. Wish I had gotten AWD but don't need it in FL.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Suzuki SX4 in VA is:

$120 per month*