2008 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Better than Honda, Toyota, Nissan or any
By importuner on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Everything from the fantastic customer service to the ease of ownership of this car have been awesome. The car rides, drives, feels and performs better and more comfortably than the other compacts I test drove. Over the course of 6 mos, I drove a Civic twice, Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Sentra and Kia, still the clear choice was the sx4, it feels so much safer, solid and substantial.

85,000+ miles and counting
By rforrister on 07/20/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive this car 108 miles a day. Avg 32 mpg. This is the best car I have ever purchased. I took it to Colorado and it had no problem pulling the mountains. For those who say the engine is not strong enough. Purchase a K&N Air filter made a world of difference in the cars performance.

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Wagon AWD Automatic
By Ran on 07/05/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased the car from carmax for $10k and didn't feel like I was being ripped off from a dealership and so far it's been great. It gives me everything that I really need. Automatic Windows, a/c, and reliability. I've owned many other cars but as I've "matured" this car is perfect for me right now. Doesn't go fast therefore eliminating speeding tickets, definitely within my reduced budget from a few years ago, and it takes me from point a to point b.

Best car I've ever owned out of 23 cars!
By MrClean on 04/08/10 04:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First brand new car I have ever bought. The few problems I have had have all been covered under warranty. (New fuel pump, spoiler coming off, and a leaking strut. Other then that the car has performed flawlessly! With the drive by wire you have to reset the throttle a few times to get it just right for it to program itself to the way drive. I currently have 18,000 miles on it and have almost 50% of the tread left on the factory tires. I have them rotated every 5k miles & they work & sound almost the same as the day I purchased the car. I average 27 mpg on mountain freeway driving at an average 75 mph, at 55 mph on the same 187 mile route I got 35 mpg. It performs awesome in the snow!

Intresting Design, gutless motor
By art howell on 03/30/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Owned the car for just a hair over 2 years, put 33,000 miles on it. Overall it handles and drives better than any other car I have driven in the snow. I was able to drive in ~ 3 feet of unplowed city snow with out a problem. Downside, after 2 years I have valves tapping in the motor.. traded this in on a Subaru WRX instead. Overall the engine is my biggest complaint.. it has no power and I only got about 21.6 MPG out of it... honestly pick one or the other stink at MPG or stink at power not at both! Handles better than my Jeep in snow and ice, good reliable boring family car. For a 10-20k car it does its job but if you drive > 40MPH ever... find something better.

SX$ Cross Over
By Mike on 02/12/10 07:37 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car was great for 15000 miles then the rattles in the dash area began....awful, selling dealer did not even fill the windsheild wiper reservoir dealer no help....Fuel economy for such a compact car is barely 27mpg for me. Eats tires, if you go studded tires with AWD and Traction control its awesome in ice and snow. If you roll windows down you cant here anything at all. Windows dont defrost well, very small fuel tank.Wish I would have bought a VW Rabbit

Not for the long legged
By Disappointed in PA on 01/28/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for $18,900 including tax, title, and license which is too much money for this car. The AWD is great. Have had it to the dealer twice to replace the display consol (clock, temp etc). Cruise control doesn't hold your speed very well. I drive 55 miles daily to work so I have to get gas every three or four days. Very disappointing gas mileage for a 4 cylinder. It's only getting maybe 22 mpg at the most and the tank only holds 10 gallons of gas. I'm 6' 4" and this car has great headroom but practically no leg room. Back seats don't fold real well. Overall a good car but it needs a few more years of improvements to be a great car. Don't recommend it to guys with long legs.

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By Happy in NJ on 01/03/10 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2008 Suzuki SX4 4-door sedan 5-speed manual with Touring package. I researched a lot of cars and read tons of reviews before I settled on the SX4. The value of the car brand new in Feb 2009 was $18k. I paid about $16k after all taxes and all fees. I have never regretted it for a second. It drives great, it has never had any problems and I'm still happy with it after 11 months. It has traction control which comes in very handy in NJ in snow, icy roads and rain. I get about 30 mpg combined city and highway driving consistently. The trunk has a lot of space and the inside is roomy. Overall this is a great car with loads of features for a good price.

Great Car for a Great Price w/ toys
By Shelltop on 11/30/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I stumbled upon this car after looking at Hondas and Corollas with higher price tags but bare bone. I have been pleasantly surprised I got this car for $11k.. power windows, radio, large "roomy" interior feel. I'm happy with the purchase. The extra window front panel was weird initially but I see more copycats out there. I recommend taking a look at this brand.

Great car
By Rich on 11/25/09 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had a Chrysler 300 and sold it when gas went over $4.00/gal. Great car for the money and increased the mpg by putting in. a K and N air filter. Now get 36 mpg highway. Fun ride and comftorable and still get looks from others. Suzuki should do more to promote their car line. Give it a look. Great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.