Used 2006 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Nice, reliable vehicle
By altomi

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A few issues, but nothing too serious. Had to replace strut (making noise again after replaced), drive-shaft bearing, wheel bearing. No issues with Honda engine or transmission. Performance is fabulous, but there are some minor issues, such as; wind noise, quite a bit of road noise, radio cuts out intermittently - although sound system sounds fantastic. Overall, I have been very happy with performance and comfort.

Favorite Features

Powerful, smooth engine. AWD works great in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Correct noise problems.

Amazing car!
By capitolcars

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was such a great car; I cried when I found out Saturn was shutting down and I wouldn't be able to buy another new one. Bought it brand new for my brand new 50-mile each way commute. It's the perfect marriage of fuel-efficiency and SUV comfort. No problems with it at all, drove it from new till 75K miles before I traded it in for a new car; I wish I hadn't.

Favorite Features

Classy interor

Freaking amazing car!!
By matthew_w

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ive owned very many cars, but by far this is the best car ive ever had, put hankook tires under it and it will run forever... Great SUV fast, and powerful when needed!!

Favorite Features

Interior Design, Exterior design, Onstar, Speed, Accceleration,... Just everything

Suggested Improvements

None, Maybe higher quality shifter knob style

I'm sad Saturn is phased out.
By surtrav3

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Vue used with 81,000 miles. Had minor work done on driver side door as it needed to be adjusted to keep the entry lights off. Replaced tie-ends. Very minor stuff. Bumps are a bit noisy but are just an undesired design feature as the mounts are easily loosened. It is not a safety issue at all. I have no problem with wind noise. I have read other reviews stating that the Vue does not handle well in the snow. I disagree with this and chalk it up as driver error. I have had no problems in our North Dakota winters at all. I've made it out of some pretty deep drifts and severe ice conditions.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior. Steering wheel radio and cruise controls. Dashboard cluster lighting is well done and easy to view. Center console is well organized. Organizer located in back storage area.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had bigger cup-holders that fit the super gulp sizes.

By Stevo

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 1999 Taurus wagon w 3.0 litre push rod motor and at 60 mi/hr it was turning 2,000 rpm.The Saturn with the 3.5 liter OHC (Honda motor) does 75 mi./hr. at 2,000 rpm. Quite the efficiency difference. Drove across the country Cali. to Maryland non-stop Xmas 1998 with alternate driver and got 24.7 mi/gal.

Favorite Features

Motor