Used 2008 Saturn Outlook XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Outlook - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:

So Dissappointed
By scli1

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchase my 08 Saturn XE 3 yrs ago. The Outlook drove nicely on the open road at highway speeds. (unfortunately thats where I test drove it). On side streets, in stop and go traffic its bulky, non responsive and just not pleasant to drive. Terrible turning and very hard on tires. We get 15.5 mpg in City driving. I've never gotten near the 24 MPG on the highway. Best on a 450 mile trip was 22.5. Never saw that again. 19 - 21 is about the best I get on the same trip. I have my Saturn serviced by a professional. Always problems. Stalling, hesitation, idiot lites, etc. Always resetting codes. Making repairs. Not reliable. Going back to Ford or Dodge. My Expedition is easier to handle!

Fact that they discontinue the Make & Model.

Horrible Car - Do Not Buy
By steppiemay

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a (used) 2002 Nissa Altima that gave me all kinds of hell. I decided to buy American and thought Saturn made good cars. This car has proven me wrong. In the 4 years I've had it, (purchased in 2008 - original owner), the car has overheated twice. Check engine light came on 3x. I've had to replace an engine solenoid valve, temp sensor and H20 pump and fix a leaking transaxle. This morning I received a stability trak DIC. So off to the dealer I go again. This car is a big piece of junk! Pre-own buyers beware!!

Best car we have owned...highly recommend!
By mrbellyputter

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

1st of all...we highly recommend buying your next car at CARMAX [violative content deleted] What a great, fun car buying experience! As for the car, easily the best car we have owned! We have/had Honda Civic, Nissan 300 Z twin turbo, Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra Truck. This car drives like a dream! Safe, quiet, responsive, functional controls, kid friendly, seats reconfigure effortlessly...what more can I say?...we got it at a great price at CARMAX too! If you are looking for a SUV/mini van capacity, with performance like a sports sedan...then look no further...this is it! Satur Outlook will be less expensive than GMC Acadia (even though they are both the same car)!

It drives like a DREAM!...great gas mileage for the size of the car. Almost sports car like!...lol The ease of reconfiguring the seats...great control knobs...DVD and AC plug for game consoles! Middle and Rear AC/DVD controls for the rear passengers. It is surprisingly quiet and smooth for the size of the car too!

The middle bucket captain chairs seats recline...but if they can improve by reclining MORE...that would be great! Also, have the 3rd rear seast recline as well!

2008 Saturn OUTLOOK XE
By Bob

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! I have 95,000 miles on it and never had any problems. Great car! Best car for the money.

every thing!

Mpg is around 18-19.

Still doing great
By rperich

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the car for none months now. The mileage is getting better as the car wears in. We started off getting around 17 MPG, but we're now averaging around 20. We have the FWD, so that makes a difference. I still think this is a great vehicle and I'd recommend it.

Lots of room. We had no trouble fitting four adults, two infants in car seats, and two strollers in the car. We have a basic package, but I still like the features. Recommend the front and back air controls. Love the on-wheel controls for radio. XM is great.

Really need to have split air controls for the front seat. This should just come standard. Also, forgive me for saying this GM, but I am not paying for OnStar phone usage when I can use my cell phone. Maybe in states where you must be hands-free.