2008 Saturn Outlook - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:
Horrible Car - Do Not Buy
By steppiemay on 12/19/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a (used) 2002 Nissa Altima that gave me all kinds of hell. I decided to buy American and thought Saturn made good cars. This car has proven me wrong. In the 4 years I've had it, (purchased in 2008 - original owner), the car has overheated twice. Check engine light came on 3x. I've had to replace an engine solenoid valve, temp sensor and H20 pump and fix a leaking transaxle. This morning I received a stability trak DIC. So off to the dealer I go again. This car is a big piece of junk! Pre-own buyers beware!!

Best car we have owned...highly recommend!
By mrbellyputter on 06/13/11 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

1st of all...we highly recommend buying your next car at CARMAX [violative content deleted] What a great, fun car buying experience! As for the car, easily the best car we have owned! We have/had Honda Civic, Nissan 300 Z twin turbo, Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra Truck. This car drives like a dream! Safe, quiet, responsive, functional controls, kid friendly, seats reconfigure effortlessly...what more can I say?...we got it at a great price at CARMAX too! If you are looking for a SUV/mini van capacity, with performance like a sports sedan...then look no further...this is it! Satur Outlook will be less expensive than GMC Acadia (even though they are both the same car)!

2008 Saturn OUTLOOK XE
By Bob on 06/08/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! I have 95,000 miles on it and never had any problems. Great car! Best car for the money.

Still doing great
By rperich on 09/29/09 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the car for none months now. The mileage is getting better as the car wears in. We started off getting around 17 MPG, but we're now averaging around 20. We have the FWD, so that makes a difference. I still think this is a great vehicle and I'd recommend it.

water leaks, bad strut mounts
By upset2 on 04/09/09 22:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At first we loved this car, then the problems started. I've had it in twice for doors leaking from sunroof drain tubes, going to take it again soon. Seats are ruined from water damage. Have had the strut mounts replaced, windshield wiper blades recalled, can't seem to get the popping noises fixed underneath. We are very upset, also the car won't even make it up our driveway because of the gravels. It stinks for a front wheel drive! wish we never traded. I feel like we have been cheated. This car is a lemon!!

Great Value
By R Perich on 03/31/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a lot of vehicle at a reasonable price, and we found it with the Outlook. The vehicle is not getting the great mileage we desired (around 19), but the interior space more than makes up for it. We fit five adults and two child seats in the car and everybody had enough room. It handles well in rain, but high winds will surprise the new SUV driver.

Unhappy Outlook Owner
By Wet Outlook Owner on 03/25/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We did a lot of research before buying this car. We have always been a Toyota family. We saw the Outlook and decided it was a match for us. We have had air conditioning issues since the second day we had the car. The air, when it is hot outside, will blow hot air. It kicks on and off doing that. Had it to the dealer 3 times for fix. They had to replace the entire control console. Then we had the car flooded 3 times because the sunroof is leaking. Terrible design allowing so much water to come into the car leaking from the sunroof. The transmission also seems to lag when shifting gears. We have had the car in for repairs a total of 8 times in 6 months. Toyota we will be back soon!

Best SUV out there
By Shah on 02/17/09 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this SUV. I test drove MDX, Highlander, Pilot. This beast outperforms all of them in all fronts. I am very particular about every thing. This things gets good score on every thing. Interior is clean, easy, functional. Door paneling is excellent. Seat design and comfort is top notch. Better than MDX. Body fit and finish is great. Ride quality is great. Perfect balance of handling vs ride quality. Noise must be around 72 decibel at 70 miles. Curious if it gets even better with top quality tires. Back of the seat liners need better upholstery. Cup holders should have slots for mug handles, head rest position should be adjustable like BMW.

What a Great Vehicle!
By C Pappas on 01/17/09 13:31 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM really did its customer research when they built the Saturn Outlook. We have now had our Saturn for 1 1/2 years and we remain extremely satisfied. In addition to wonderful build quality, the interior design is outstanding. I am 6' 1" and my 13 year old son is well on his way there. With the second row captains chairs, he and I can comfortably and easily get into the third row seat, far easier than any other vehicle we tried. A great surpise: After changing my flat tire (which was quite easy) I found that Saturn had put a large plastic bag in a storage area so that the dirty damaged tire could be stored in the back so as not to make any mess! Wow! Very nice touch!

Loving It So Far
By Melissa on 11/29/08 08:25 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far the vehicle has been a great town and city cruiser out with friends. Love the center console and rear console for second and third row passengers. Love ride quality

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.