2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Compromise
By Bob K on 09/03/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Let's face it, if you are only buying one car it is a series of compromises to get what best suits your needs. Sure you would like to have a M3 when you feel sporty and a 350 E Class for your date on Saturday night. Although the Saab 9-3 might not rate best in class for any one category it does well in a lot of them. I have had mine for about a month and am delighted with it in every detail. It is a dream on the highway cruising at just over 2,000 rpm in 6th gear, rolling beautifully and extremely quiet. I had a Saturn Aura prior to the Saab and find it worlds more enjoyable. I recommend using 93 octane as I get 27.5 overall. Could do better if you use restraint with the turbo.

Great Car!
By TheRas900 on 08/13/08 05:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I researched and drove many vehicles in this class, including the Acura TL, BMW 328i, Lexus IS250 and Subaru 2.5GT. After having it for a month, I am very glad I stayed with the Saab. The handling/ride balance is nice and I am getting 26.4 mpg in city driving on regular!

Cheers to SAAB!
By big john on 07/31/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I only have 649 miles on the car. I am 6 foot 7 inches tall and fit comfortably in the driver and passenger seats. The car grips the autobahn. This car is not common. Beware, people will stare at your car (because it is a beautiful car!) especially in Germany, that is if they can catch it parked. I was able to get 27 miles to the gallon at 90 miles an hour on a Sally Saab dusted the doors off of an Audi A6 and a BMW 335i. The turbo will throw you back in your seat. No torque steer nor body roll was ever noticed. Great warranty for 2008 model year. Treat yourself to a great car and save some cash in the process!

First 90 days: Good, but not great
By Ric in ATL on 07/24/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up my 2nd 9-3 in April. It replaced my '05 Linear SS. I loved it & so I was sure I'd love my 2nd 9-3. Unfortunately, my Aero hasn't lived up to expectations. It's seen the Service Dept. way too much, mainly Bose radio & sound system issues. I'm now on my 5th visit to fix the problem. I missed most of my 3mos. XM Free Trial. I'm unimpressed with build quality and the materials in my Aero. I already have several squeaks & rattles. The plastics look and feel cheap, and I've already worn a hole through my floor mat. All in less than 90 days. Mechanically, the car is great & fun to drive...when I actually have it. The premium leather is a nice touch, but $1500+ is tough to justify.

Poor Saab quality
By Ray Mesa on 07/07/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Surprised and the poor quality of the car Saab overall - trunk lid squeaks when opened, front door speakers are very poor quality, rear airbag cover fell off. GM has definitely had a poor impact on Saab. Customer service isn't any better in trying to fix problems. OnStar definitely needs to be removed - in keeping with other cars in it's class bluetooth would be much better. Navigation system definitely needs improvement.

You need to drive it.
By Frank on 06/21/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As one who has owned many cars, the Saab 9-3 2.0t is by far the best car I've owned. As stated the steering is so tight, I can almost make a turn with my knee. The acceleration for a 2L I4 is wonderful, as my first ticket would attest. The Getrag transmission is slick and smooth. I laugh as I see yet another Camry, Accord or Maxima as they are seen everywhere. This is unique, different and that makes it even more palatable. The front-end and rear-end style is dramatic without being off-the- charts. If you’re well over 6’ (I am 6’5”, you will fit nicely and that says a lot about their engineering. YOU need to drive one; it's the only way to fully appreciate it.

Aero XWD: deffinately born from jets
By Aero XWD on 06/05/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been waiting for so long for Saab to produce an all-wheel drive sedan. Here was my opportunity. I had a 2007 2.0t 60th anniversary, but I was rear-ended at high speed by a Toyota Highlander. My 9-3 was totaled. (100 % not my fault). I went to the dealer expecting to buy another normal 2.0, then I saw the new Aero XWD. It was the first one the dealer had received and it was the color I loved so much on my old 9-3 (Titan Gray). I drove it. And picked it up the following day. The 285 horsepower / 295 lb/ft of torque with the six speed manual is a terrific combo. No turbo lag and it's fast as hell. Handles seamlessly thanks to the haldex xwd. I average 25 mpg city/highway. I love it!

Best Car I've Owned So Far!
By luxman on 05/07/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have wanted a Saab 9-3 for a long time so I looked at one last year, but I figured they were going to restyle them soon, so I waited. I'm glad I did, because the new one looks AWESOME! I got a silver one with all the options. Tan leather, wood trim, heated seats, 6 cd player, fog lights, and power seats. I like the headlights a lot too. they look cool driving at night. Standard satellite radio and onstar is nice too. This thing handles like a dream too. I have the automatic with tiptronic, and it is fun to drive it in tiptronic mode. If you want a high quality, sporty car for under $45,000, you MUST get this car!

Great car
By Ron on 04/17/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We use this car as our "high mileage" car. This is our 2nd 9-3. This is a solid car, great design. The car is perfect both in town and on the freeway. Could not go for the four banger as it just has to work too hard. The Aero is still great on mileage and a great performer. Only turbo I have ever driven with no noticable turbo-lag. Incredible brakes.

1st month of ownership
By Fernando on 04/12/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have own my 2008 9-3 for a month now, driven it both city and on twisty highways in coastal California from San Diego to Santa Barbara. Overall, I am very pleased with the car: great ride, amazing in the highway when the car settles and just lets you enjoy the ride. Based on other written reviews on line, I was concerned a bit about apparent manual shifter long throws and comments about interior built quality: my concerns disappeared once I got the car and started to drive it. 6 speed manual transmission works just fine, and clutch is great too. In sum, so far this car makes me smile every time I drive it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.