2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Great car, great price
By burt on 10/09/09 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had absolutely no problems with this car through the first 41K - a first for me with new cars. It is responsive, comfortable and fuel efficient. If I had to find any knock on the car it may be that it does not idle as smoothly as a BMW, Toyota or Nissan. I would buy this car again.

No wonder Saab is bankrupt
By TriHill on 08/06/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The city mileage totally stinks on this car, between 10-20 mpg. For some reason on the highway, there's a disparity jump to 30-40 mpg. Great car for road trips, but I am a city driver most of the year, so this is not a good car for that. A lot of the electronics and computer systems onboard have bugs in them. I have had to take the car in at least monthly for these annoying fixes. Customer service is poor for things that should be covered by the warranty, particularly within the first year of car ownership where most of the problems have been happening. I will tell you that the first repair service wasn't an oil change...it had to do with changing a light bulb.

SAAB Driven
By SAAB Doyl on 07/12/09 04:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, mocking a BMW with the MPG of a mini cooper. 3 years service with this lease costs the owner nothing. Hope the new company purchasing SAAB keeps tradition... superior value for the buck!

Great Gas Mileage
By rocky67 on 04/11/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 2008 Saab 9.3 2.0T. The car gets very good gas mileage.Overall, it gets 26 mpg mostly city driving. (Lots of stop/go red lights etc., speeds less than 45 mph). Straight all highway/no city you see over 33-34 mpg. Very good job Saab. My friends who have Mercedes Benz and BMW do not see good gas mileage like I do. Because most of the engines in the high-end German Luxury cars are close to 3L or 6 cylinders. My Saab has plenty of pick-up due to the turbo.

Best Value on the Road
By pmgreene on 04/05/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Saab has greatly improved the ride and build quality of the car. I have owned Saab's in the past, and this one much smoother over the rough roads here in New England. Many fewer rattles and overall a much more refined experience. The best thing about this car is the balance of fuel economy and performance. I do a lot of highway driving, but I average 30 mpg. I don't understand the EPA ratings. I had a Lexus IS with the same EPA rating and never got better than 25 mpg in that. I am very happy with the Saab and highly recommend this car to anyone shopping in this segment.

Very impressed
By me0101 on 03/25/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Saab 9-3 for a year now and have about 10,000 miles on the odometer. This is my first Saab, and I primarily bought it for the incredible mix of performance, fuel economy, comfort/utility, and handling. I am 100% satisfied with the choice and have had zero problems with the car. I would buy again w/o hesitation. I hope Saab is around for a very long time.

Never Follow!!!
By Will on 02/27/09 00:13 AM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great vehicle, no question about it! I had a BMW 535i over the weekend which the dealership let me test drive, because of my excellent credit. However, at 35 years of age, I felt like 45 or older in it and besides, the place where I live already looks like a BMW dealership, because just about everyone owns one! So, I took it back and started looking for a car that was just as good, but rarer, unique and with its own agenda. That is what SAAB is, and that is what the 9-3 Aero is more than any of their other vehicles! This car is absolutely unique and once you actually see one in detail, you will realize just how different they are. Never follow! This car really stands out!

Good Car, Needs Improvement
By WI Saab Owner on 02/15/09 15:55 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our second Saab 9-3. It's a great car all around, stylish and a great price. Handles great in the snow, and the standard heated seats are lifesavers in the winter. The gas mileage is the biggest problem - we do mainly city driving and are getting between 15-16 mpg on regular. This was a change from our 2003 Saab that was a manual. I've also had it in the shop twice already for windshield wiper problems.

Young man's sport sedan
By Brian on 01/28/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

XWD, six-speed manual really make this car fun. It tracks very well in the snow and ice. It rides hard, even over medium quality metro freeways. So much so that on one bump I was tossed upward in the car and hit my head on the ceiling. I have been known to grunt in anticipation of road bumps. Maybe this is because of my bad back and age 43. I had an '87 Saab 900S several years ago in my youth and loved it. My new Saab is fast and fun to drive on smooth roads, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. A loaded Accord would have been a better choice for me. Discounts made the car affordable, but I anticipate reliability will be below average; it's in the shop as I write this review.

Great Car!
By otto on 12/10/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a Saab 9-3 Aero XWD 6M. I have owned six BMWs. While BMWs handle more neutrally, the Saab makes more power for much less than a comparable BMW (328/335 xi). I would have to purchase a near fully loaded 335xi to get this much comfort, convenience, and performance at a cost of nearly $13k more. If you pay anywhere near sticker for these cars you are paying way too much. Wait for a GM year end sale. BMWs are priced nearer selling price. Still, I prefer the Saab regardless. BMW's I-drive, run flat tires, and depreciation (net loss) were the final straw with me. I want a car that is fun to drive up to 9/10th, and this Saab delivers. I do not plan on racing this Saab.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.