Used 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

The 8 speed makes this truck, along with the Interior.....
By 2013laramie

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I am in love with the 13 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 8speed Hemi! The engine and 8speed trans is buttery smooth and the 8 speed allows you to really harness the 400hp hemi making it VERY fun to drive. The interior is rated TOP TEN in the world versus any other vehicle on the road! Yes, it is that nice. I drove the 6.2l and Ecoboost Ford F150 and while it was good, the trans is nothing close to the 8 speed and the interior is cheesy at best. I drove the 2014 Chevy and with all the vibration and recall issues,I would not touch it with a 50ft pole, not when spending 45k+. My best advice is, don't think of this as a RAM of old, this is a completely new animal. Very Awesome! MPG is also unreal 17.5ave!!

Favorite Features

8.4 Uconnect infotainment system, HEMI, 8 Speed Trans, Ridiculously nice interior. Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires off the lot, the goodyears are aweful. Also make sure you road force balance tires.

The best and worst
By janix

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Hemi. I've owned 3 hemi vehicles: Charger, Challenger, Ram. I've put a lot of miles on the hemi and know how reliable they are, very! Never once had an issue. Yes, they make noises such as ticking and will from day one. They are bullet proof. No burning oil, no cut-outs, lots and lots of power. In the Ram with the windows up, it's very quiet. I mean VERY quiet. Compared against our Porsche Cayenne and Infinity G35; the Ram is the most Quiet, I kid you not. The ride is very smooth. This is easily our favorite car. Nothing like working hard, loading that truck up with supplies to finish our yard, and still having more power and better gas mileage than our Cayenne. Grows on you!!!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the lack of NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness). This truck is so quiet and so smooth it surprises you. The transmission too. I don't have the 8 speed; wish I did. Haven't had any issues with my trans and LOVE the computer shift points. The tow-haul mode is awesome. The computer changes the shift points and they're perfect. If you slow down with a load, the transmission downshifts with no jerking, engine rev matches and it's like the perfect simulated heel-toe while pressing the brake. The torque is fantastic, was shocked how easily it pulls. Shift points up hills are perfect. Air Conditioning is also really good, better than our G35 and Cayenne.

Suggested Improvements

This is an improvement to you if you buy it. Get some air bags. If you can afford it pay for the air ride; it's a reliable system. Big rig trucks use air rides and from what I've read they didn't skimp on the Rams air suspension. The coils will sag. For $300 you can install air bags inside your coils that are adjustable. It'll keep your ride from sagging too much. If you pull a big load get a tow bar like everyone should anyway. The bags will level the truck like one with leaf springs, but you'll want a tow bar because it's the proper and safe thing to do. Speaking of, jumped in an f-150 and was shocked by the body roll just jumping in. The Ram with coils somehow doesn't roll as much.

Very Poor Electrical systems
By djennings1

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My husband & I bought a 2013 Ram 1500 V8-Hemi fully loaded Lonestar package 6 months ago. Electrical problems: Ram box, glove box & reading lights inoperable; Cruise control & traction control dash lights staying on. Mechanical: Check engine light came on due to a faulty injector -required replacement. Not once were we offered a rental car although we purchased the add on comprehensive Zurich vehicle service contract. All repairs required 3 different visits lasting multiple days. We just learned the odometer is reading at least 15 miles above driving speed. We will return for our 4th repair visit tomorrow. We traded a 2003 Dodge ram we drove 10 years that we loved. Very dissappointed!

Favorite Features

The interior is very nice and spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Don't sell a truck with highly upgraded electrical equipement for $45,000 if it is not going to last more than 6 months!

This is a luxury truck, not a job site truck
By eichler34

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've got 8000 miles on my truck now, it's white with gold two tone, with the cattle tan interior. I intentionally avoided the laser etched filigree seats as to me, it would have been too much country. Options I have are the 8 speed rotary dial transmission, the multi-level air suspension, Rambox storage, and each of those options to me are an absolute necessity when getting this top of the line model.

Favorite Features

The air ride gives so much cushion and comfort, you feel like you are gliding, not driving. It's great for my wife who's had 2 back surgeries. The Rambox was needed because I want my truck clean at all times. No duffle bags, basketballs, groceries in my cab, and the rambox handles all of that stuff. While it shrinks your cargo room in the bed, it's so worth it. The 8 speed transmission is a simple idea, more gears means lowering the rpm's needed to climb into the next gear, which makes the ride more smooth, quiet, and fuel efficient. The Uconnect system is the best. It blows my wifes 2012 range rover system out of the water. The ability to receive and reply to texts via voice is huge.

Suggested Improvements

This one is easy. The Fuel estimates of 15/21 are full of it. It's my only complaint. On the highway, I do get between 19.5-21 mpg. In the city, I have never gotten better than 13.2, and they claim it's 15. You will not get 15, ever unless you invest in a cold air intake and a chip for the engine (which would void your warranty). I love everything about this truck, but that combined 17 mpg is really 15. To me, that matters, to others maybe not so much.

Love My Ram
By lacoydr1

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Last week I bought a Ram Express 1500 Crew Cab with the Hemi and 3.92 rear end. It rides like a dream! I only have 500 miles on it, but got 19.3 miles per gallon on a 150 mile round trip. Average between city / highway is 17.4 mpg in the first week. Not bad for a 395 hp V8. I didn't try Ford because I just couldn't justify the price difference. Already own on GM product and it has been in the shop more times than I care to mention. Plus the V8 just doesn't have any balls compared to the Hemi. I am hoping this truck will pull my 6000 TT with ease. Already installed a BedRug and Access Tonneau cover. Also hoping it is reliable. But first wekk has been great. Rock on Ram!

Favorite Features

- Styling - Power - Fuel economy - base UConnect 3.0 Audio System rocks!

Suggested Improvements

- Get the CD Player out from under the front seat - Padding on the interior door handles