2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
The best and worst
By janix on 07/14/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Hemi. I've owned 3 hemi vehicles: Charger, Challenger, Ram. I've put a lot of miles on the hemi and know how reliable they are, very! Never once had an issue. Yes, they make noises such as ticking and will from day one. They are bullet proof. No burning oil, no cut-outs, lots and lots of power. In the Ram with the windows up, it's very quiet. I mean VERY quiet. Compared against our Porsche Cayenne and Infinity G35; the Ram is the most Quiet, I kid you not. The ride is very smooth. This is easily our favorite car. Nothing like working hard, loading that truck up with supplies to finish our yard, and still having more power and better gas mileage than our Cayenne. Grows on you!!!

Very Poor Electrical systems
By djennings1 on 11/21/13 16:47 PM (PST)

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My husband & I bought a 2013 Ram 1500 V8-Hemi fully loaded Lonestar package 6 months ago. Electrical problems: Ram box, glove box & reading lights inoperable; Cruise control & traction control dash lights staying on. Mechanical: Check engine light came on due to a faulty injector -required replacement. Not once were we offered a rental car although we purchased the add on comprehensive Zurich vehicle service contract. All repairs required 3 different visits lasting multiple days. We just learned the odometer is reading at least 15 miles above driving speed. We will return for our 4th repair visit tomorrow. We traded a 2003 Dodge ram we drove 10 years that we loved. Very dissappointed!

This is a luxury truck, not a job site truck
By eichler34 on 09/23/13 17:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've got 8000 miles on my truck now, it's white with gold two tone, with the cattle tan interior. I intentionally avoided the laser etched filigree seats as to me, it would have been too much country. Options I have are the 8 speed rotary dial transmission, the multi-level air suspension, Rambox storage, and each of those options to me are an absolute necessity when getting this top of the line model.

Love My Ram
By lacoydr1 on 05/22/13 07:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Last week I bought a Ram Express 1500 Crew Cab with the Hemi and 3.92 rear end. It rides like a dream! I only have 500 miles on it, but got 19.3 miles per gallon on a 150 mile round trip. Average between city / highway is 17.4 mpg in the first week. Not bad for a 395 hp V8. I didn't try Ford because I just couldn't justify the price difference. Already own on GM product and it has been in the shop more times than I care to mention. Plus the V8 just doesn't have any balls compared to the Hemi. I am hoping this truck will pull my 6000 TT with ease. Already installed a BedRug and Access Tonneau cover. Also hoping it is reliable. But first wekk has been great. Rock on Ram!

Best looking pickup out there (IMHO)
By ishepperd on 04/01/13 16:30 PM (PDT)

I'm not a pickup guy but they've gotten so much nicer over the last 10 years that I reconsidered. I'm also a Ford guy and swore I'd never by a Chrysler product. But the Ram 1500 has great styling and features across the whole line. The Longhorn is just nicer looking than the tip-top F150 Limited. Head-turning styling with rugged good looks outside, and a luxury car interior.

My First Dodge
By btobdan on 02/06/13 14:19 PM (PST)

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Being my first truck I had no known expectations. I checked out the Ford F150, The GMC, The Chevy Silverado, Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan. Dodge was not even on my list. After reviewing the trucks above I decided it was between GMC and Ford. On the way home from test driving the Ford for a second time I pulled into the Dodge dealership and was introduced to the Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab. Even before I test drove it I was immediately impressed with the features and the overall impression that the trucks interior was much larger and wider than the other trucks. The I took it for a test drive and once again I was amazed at the difference in comfort this truck has in comparison.

2013 Laramie Longhorn
By bparisi on 01/18/13 19:24 PM (PST)

Beautiful and comfortable, purchased as executive transport and winter vehicle. Handling in snow is excellent with 4WD Auto.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ram 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$158 per month*