1996 Porsche 911 3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Ulitmate Beast

1996 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Carrera 4 Coupe (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Ulitmate Beast
By Beaste Master on

1996 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

I've driven a lot of sports cars from every day Ford Mustangs to unique TVR's and I never quite understood the Porsche hype until I drove a 993 Carrera 4. It is awsome beyond belief, so much so that I choose my 9 year old 911 with 90,000 miles over a three year old Porsche Boxster with 25,000 miles and the only thing I believe to be a better choice would be a '96 turbo. I am going through a rough divorce, and driving my Porsche is hands down better than any therapy, an exotic mistress, or spiritual enlightment could ever be as it combines all three into one amazing experience that is available everytime I go for a drive. To think I almost wasted 30 grand on a 350Z or a new Mustang.

Favorite Features

2nd and 3rd gear at 4000 to 6500 rpm...and with all wheel drive almost anyone can be Gordon or Shumacher in a downpour.

Suggested Improvements

Should come with a track membership ; ) My improvements are all due to age which I am fixing (hood struts, weather stripping etc...) What do you do after obtaining Nirvana?