Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

2006 Grand Prix GT Supercharged
By dcole08

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had this car for over 2 years now, and I must say I love it. I honestly don't know how I stumbled upon it because I was initially looking for either a Maxima, or a Charger. Somehow I stumbled upon this car and it is awesome. It looks awesome and turns heads all of the time because it is different. Mine (all black with black interior) is rare where I am and I haven't seen one like it around. People love riding in it, and my wife loves to drive it. It's very comfortable to drive, and I have never had any issues with it. The 3800 motor in it is a legend in the car world, and mechanics salivate when they see the 3800 v6 it wrapped with headers and a supercharger.

Supercharger, automatic start, 3800 v6, body style, interior, comfort, reliability

None

Love Supercharger
By sigmatuan1989

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Left over 2006, bought with vendor pricing in 2007, traded in Bonneville. The price was the deciding factor, it was cheaper than all others. I would have bought another Bonneville but they were discontinued. The car is fast for the price. I would recommend simply on the low price. It has never left me stranded. Compared to Impala from the same factory it is lower to ground, faster, and less back seat room.

Supercharger power and take off, having driven non-supercharged GM v-6, this engine is great. Fuel economy is 26 mpg combined which considering the power is impressive. I did test drive an Impala v8 but it had too much torque steer and sucked gas.

The interior is cheap and showing wear. The front seat had to be replaced in warranty and I only weigh 175. Rear calipers/e-break stick and need replaced. This car is not big enough for business and will be given to my son when I get a larger car next year. At the time I would have bought a crown vic if the civilian versions weren't so slow or a Charger if the hemi wasn't so high priced at the time.

Realiable is the way
By pontiacmall

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 2 years ago with the intention of having it temporarily and then trading it in. It has proven to be realiable after I added another 60k to the odometer. Just recently had issue with heater core which caused no heat and air. Once fixed it worked like a charm. I also put a twin mattress in the trunck with back seats down and was able to close the trunk. No pick up truck necessary!!May be time to get rid of as the kids are complaining they don't have enough back seat leg room of which I have to agree is a little on the short side. Just hope I can find something as realiable as the Grand Prix.....

Performance (power), trunk size, remote start, exterior looks

2 year Evaluation
By 06gp

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Grand Prix back in 2009 and it has served me well. the 3.8L is very reliable, powerfull, and sounds amazing once the hammer is dropped. The ride is very comfortable, no complaints there. The exterior is gorgeus, sexy if I may say. Interior material quality: The cheap plastics, thanks GM, is ok but very difficult to shine up and keep good. In the future I will customize the interior with Blk leather and dark wood trim so that will be my solution. Fuel economy is great highway wise (28mpg), the city is satisfactory if you don't speed and suddenly accelerate. Repairs: Just a alternator and a upcoming brake job. 18+car= havoc. Overall I am very impressed with my Pontiac and love it.

The 3.8L V6. Easily available aftermarket parts, exterior/ performance.

Yeah, bring PONTIAC back GM! Im a loyal fan, and will not buy any other GM product unless it has a arrowhead.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By ferd8791

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this car in May of 2010 with 26,646 miles on it. A major improvement over the 1999 GP I used to drive. Supercharged 3800 Series III V6 strong in all situations, timed 6.4 seconds 0-60, has V8-like punch at highway speeds. Light steering at low speeds, firms up nicely at higher speeds. Fuel economy impressive considering available power. Suspension Euro-style firm, but good bump absorption and no harshness. Interior markedly better than my '99 GP, soft touch materials and extremely comfortable front buckets. Highway ride serene, minimal tire noise and wind rush, engine growls when revved, almost silent at cruise. Fold down rear and front passenger seats convenient.

Acceleration, handling, fuel economy, ride, interior quality, front seat comfort, cargo versatility, exterior styling, headlights, heated seats, dual automatic climate control, Monsoon audio system.

Power recline on drivers seat, more rear legroom.

• SUV