2004 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:
pontiac grand am se2,not that good
By brad2471 on 09/06/11 21:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this grand am abought a 3months ago. its a nice car for a girl, the car is very cramped. performance is pertty good very fast car. there is some minor problems with this car. the trunks leaks bad. there is a clicking sound behind the dash. ac does not work. dash lights only half work. the fog lights do not work if pontiac comes back they need to redesign the grand am.

Have loved it since it was new...til now
By pontiacgirl_78 on 08/02/11 03:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 05. I love driving it, it looks great, and its still got get up and go at 98,000 miles BUT....It needs intake gasket #3 (1st one at 23, 000 miles.) The front end is shot...the bearing, the $400 a piece struts, the steering and the axle thingy. All sorts of warning lights keep coming on too. I think sorry to say its time to trade it in. Ive also had problems with the drivers window falling down into the door twice and the back door hasnt opened in about 3 years. It has never left me on the side of the road, but now its not even safe to drive. Ive loved her and took care of her since the day I got her, but at 98k thats too much to be going wrong.

Keep or Sell ???
By tam10 on 04/21/11 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Gt but I LOVE IT & it's such a nice looking car I would hate to get rid of it & would certainly miss it. Although since January all I did was start to replace things in it that have gone bad. First the rack in January then a good cleaning on the EGR sensor then last week front brakes,pads & routers then to top it all off on Saturday while moving a friend of mine the factory battery finally went after 7 yrs. Also the TRANSMISSION. OMG didn't know what to do at this point, pay the bank or pay 3000.00 to have the trans fixed, Well guess what I decided to do. Everything is getting fixed & replaced. Can't wait to get my "NEW" car back!

2004 Grand Am 260K plus and keeps on going!
By mikiejay21 on 01/18/11 19:42 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am for 6 years now and I still love it! Up until this week, i've never had a problem until the climate control went out. Turns out that I blew out the blower motor, and blower motor resistor, along with the circuit breaker. It was about an $800.00 repair which isn't bad considering how many miles were on the car. Other than that, no major problems at all, and it still runs like it's brand new!

Maintain your car - No problems!!!!
By Grand AM GT for me! on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am sitting here laughing my backside off at all the complaints. All but a few are due to lack of maintaince, just plain ignorance in taking care of a car, and the attitude "if it ain't broke don't fix it"! For instance the clicking in the dash is nothing but cleaning the turn signal wires on the blinker control. I bought my 2004 Grand Am Gt, loaded, used, with 57000 miles on it. It had everything original even the tires. I am still driving it as I bought it cause someone took great care of it and maintained it as any intelligent will do. Get off your backside "crybabies" and read the manual or can't you read???? Great car, no proglems! Always blame someone else for your troubles!! Duh!

The Most Refined FWD Grand Am
By Matt on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 1995 SE2 before this one, and finally decided to buy the '04 since my truck isn't getting the mileage it used to. So far the gas mileage has been great (25+ mpg)and there is enough power in that LA1 V6 to keep me in the fast lane without getting pulled over. I read some reviews about horrible gas mileage, but their favorite features are SPEED?!? Dumb. If you overdrive any car, after a while it will lose mileage. Stick with AC Delco replacement plugs/filters/wires/etc. and change them at regular intervals. This car will keep you going for well over 100K miles. The LA1 3.4-liter V6 is the most refined, American-built 60° since the 2.8-liter was introduced in the '80s. Great engine.

Not Half Bad
By GM man on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was forced to buy this car as the result of a divorce. Other than that bad taste fact the car has performed very well. Purchased new in 2004 and now has 97K on it. Have replaced battery, brakes, tires, front wheel bearing and the turn signal switch. Not to shabby if you ask me. Have had a couple of interior pieces break in the last year but its cosmetic and easy to replace. My son has inherited the car now and loves it. Do your scheduled maintenance and most cars will serve you well. I won't buy new again because I hate taking the hit when I want to change cars. Buying used you have to be careful and have a mechanic you trust check it before you buy it. Maintenance records great.

Security system light probs
By sjclark on 07/12/10 23:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved my car for the last 5 years i have had it, but then slowly I am starting to have probs. The security light flashes and I do the "10 minutes, keep your key in the ON position" and it goes back to normal. I did have to finally replace the pass lock cylinder which GM swears they are the only ones that can fix this. $500 later it's fixed, but its been 3 years and I am starting to have those probs again! Very frustrating. Other than this issue, I love my car.

There is a reason GM killed this heap
By Joshua Riopiedra on 05/30/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

GM used to build solid cars What the hell happened? Save your money and purchase a quality vehicle. A wealthy friend of mine put it best..."You need not be rich to afford a BMW, but the opposite is true about owning a domestic". -Buy something well built and you wont break yourself in repairs. I'm sorry but we did it to ourselves, America. We lost the zero defect mentality and embraced the quick buck slap it together and send it out the door philosophy.

Good but not great
By chad on 03/01/10 23:01 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my grand am gt 2 months ago and love it for the most part. It really runs well and has a thrill factor to it. I would like a little more power though. The ram air is a joke and im looking into cold air intake. Car guzzles gas like a v-8. It is important not to run cheap gas in these cars as your performance will suffer. Dont get me wrong i love th e car but pontiac cant seem to get enough power out of a 6- cylinder engine. Should be faster than it is. Any model but the gt is a waste of money.