This car should not be allowed on the road
By txtechman on
2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I rented one of these from Dollar Rental in Midland Texas. The car does not have basic equipment like turn signal and high beam indicators. I thought these were required by DOT but I guess not. In any case I have never seen a car that didn't have these features. This was not a base car, it had power windows and locks but no basic indicators. The turn signals do not make a noise when on, I had to get out of the car to confirm they were even working and discovered that on several occasions they dis not turn off after a turn. I also followed a car about 10 miles with brights on before discovering there was no indicator for that either.
Favorite Features
Because Nissan is removing these features to save a couple of bucks on a $15K car, I wonder what else are they doing that isn't so obvious. I didn't notice until I had left the airport in route to a meeting. I called later to report the issue and return the car for repair but was informed that the car does not have the indicators by design.
Suggested Improvements
Very dissapointed with Nissan, I would not buy a Nissan or rent one for that matter if there is another choice.