Used 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

DON'T IT
By notonissan1

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

March 2005, I purchased my first Nissan. Faithfully maintained. Over a year and over 3K later my mechanic gave up and said take it to Nissan - 3rd cylinder misfire. How can so many owners have the same problem and Nissan doesn't recall it? NO MORE NISSANS for me.

Best car I ever owned.
By jpolack

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had dozens of cars and this has been the best. Purchased used with about 40,000 miles, now about 90,000. Only repairs have been wearout items like tires, battery, etc. Always starts. Have the 5 speed stick shift and it has lots of power, even with the a/c on, which by the way, works very well. Has power windows, power brakes, cd, a/c, cruise control, remote trunk and mirrors, just enough gadgets to be comfortable. It's not a luxury car, but for an econobox, its really a great great car.

Rear defrost, remote entry, fold down rear seat so I can carry lumber, etc.

None

Best Car for the Money!
By chappysilver

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 5 speed sentra sedan new and it has 81,000 miles on it. A fun, peppy car to drive with good gas mileage. Have not had one problem - have just changed oil frequently, one basic brake job, one new set of tires, one battery, and replaced all belts before a very long trip because the car had 60,000 miles on it and had never had a belt replaced - that's it and it's been in the massachusetts winters. Starts first time every time - best car value that I have ever had bar none. Enjoy!

not a bad car
By Josh

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the special edition model. The stereo is awesome for stock. I bought the car with 75000 miles on it. It now has 105000. I havnt had any mechanical problems other than it is a 3 cranker starter, also the brakes (normal wear and tear), the fan blade burning out (easy to replace) and a pulley that is squawking (yet to replace but no real problems with it yet). I'm not sure of any mechanical problems if any the car had before i bought it. I have a lead foot and drive the car hard everyday and the car takes it and then some with ease.

The stereo, looks sporty and drives sporty for the most part. Fuel economy. huge trunk for its size. and again the stereo!

The head gasket and starter issues others have discussed. No aftermarket performance parts available.(not that it matters to most), slow acceleration. stupid cup holder placement. cramped engine bay.

This is the worst car I ever owned.
By Mike

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is hands down the worst car I ever owned. At around 30 thousand kilometers, it started to leak water every time it rained a little bit harder, both passenger and drivers side door rubber/seals. At around 85 thousand kilometers a blown head gasket, astronomical cost to repair, close to $2000. 89 thousand kilometers, check engine light constantly on. I owned several economy class cars before this one and Sentra is hands down the most unreliable car I ever had. I will NEVER own a Nissan again.

It handles fine for an economy car, good on gas.

It's beyond "improvement", Nissan needs to make TOTAL changes when it comes to quality and reliability of their cars.