Used 2008 Nissan Rogue S SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

BAD TRANSMISSIONS
By jerrius

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you drive this car long enough, you might run into a transmission problem. Not only has this affected my car, but many other rogues. Hence, the extended transmission warranty Nissan has given for this car. Right now, my car is in the shop with 128,000 miles, needing a completely new transmission. I would highly recommend thinking of other makes or models (especially one that doesn't have the same type of transmission.)

Rogue for a rogue
By Marc Gear

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Read the reviews when it first came out. Great fuel economy!
I am 6'6" , my son is the same and my daughter is also tall. bought this car so we could all fit in!
My wife is above average but not in height and fits also.

Biggest Disappointment of my Life
By mslissa

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a Rogue because all the reviews I had read were great!!! I have hated this vehicle since the day I drove it off the lot, I wanted to return it, but the dealership said no sorry, once the ownership is done it's yours. I traded in my Mazda Tribute because I was looking for something newer and maybe better on gas. I miss my Mazda so much, this was such a huge mistake and I am looking to trade it in, but I owe more than the trade in value so regardless I will be taking a loss. The transmission is ready to go any day, wheel bearings, it seems the most costly things to repair are what goes on these vehicles. I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it!

Comfortable space wise for passengers and nice to drive

This car does not handle any outside damage well covered in scractches all over it's terrible.

Love My Roque
By RogueFan

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my 2008 Nissan Rogue. It is my first "grown up" car, and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. My husband and I are both over 6' tall, and we both fit comfortably in the front seats. The interior and exterior are very well-designed (this opinion is coming from a professional product designer). Nissan really did a great job of including a number of convenient features in the Rogue (i.e., a deep glove compartment, nice cup holders, an auxiliary plug, pen holders, insurance card holders, etc.). The Rogue comes with great safety features such as side curtain air bags and a tire air pressure monitor. These are great features that come standard on the base model Rogue S.

I love having a back seat that folds down. It makes it easy and convenient to haul stuff. Those who need to carry lumber should get the Rogue SL; the front passenger seat folds down in that model but not in the S.

I would like better lighting in the trunk end of the car. It would be nice to have mirrors on the drivers and/or passenger's sun visors. I've also noticed that when it rains it sounds like one of my car doors is open. Somehow the sound is more noticeable in this car than others I have driven.

My best car
By unclewimp

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Forget any negative reports about this car. These people probably did not heed to the owner instructions. I am a mechanic who works for a Toyota dealership. I bought this vehicle because of the technical achievements. It is fun, it is good on gas, it is a pleasure to drive. As for the CVT, have no fear, it is great! The CVT has been used in off road and heavy duty equipment for years. The limitations of this car are negligible and in some cases non-existent. There is some room for improvement, but it is insignificant compared to the overall splendor of this exceptional vehicle.

2.5 liter engine is responsive @ 170 h.p. this car will move. i like the power steering, which is independent of the engine. also a 110 amp alternator.

Needs an oil pressure gauge and a voltage gauge. Fuel filler cap needs to be on driver's side. All else is perfect.