Used 2008 Nissan Rogue S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Biggest Disappointment of my Life
By mslissa

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a Rogue because all the reviews I had read were great!!! I have hated this vehicle since the day I drove it off the lot, I wanted to return it, but the dealership said no sorry, once the ownership is done it's yours. I traded in my Mazda Tribute because I was looking for something newer and maybe better on gas. I miss my Mazda so much, this was such a huge mistake and I am looking to trade it in, but I owe more than the trade in value so regardless I will be taking a loss. The transmission is ready to go any day, wheel bearings, it seems the most costly things to repair are what goes on these vehicles. I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it!

Comfortable space wise for passengers and nice to drive

This car does not handle any outside damage well covered in scractches all over it's terrible.

Love My Roque
By RogueFan

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my 2008 Nissan Rogue. It is my first "grown up" car, and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. My husband and I are both over 6' tall, and we both fit comfortably in the front seats. The interior and exterior are very well-designed (this opinion is coming from a professional product designer). Nissan really did a great job of including a number of convenient features in the Rogue (i.e., a deep glove compartment, nice cup holders, an auxiliary plug, pen holders, insurance card holders, etc.). The Rogue comes with great safety features such as side curtain air bags and a tire air pressure monitor. These are great features that come standard on the base model Rogue S.

I love having a back seat that folds down. It makes it easy and convenient to haul stuff. Those who need to carry lumber should get the Rogue SL; the front passenger seat folds down in that model but not in the S.

I would like better lighting in the trunk end of the car. It would be nice to have mirrors on the drivers and/or passenger's sun visors. I've also noticed that when it rains it sounds like one of my car doors is open. Somehow the sound is more noticeable in this car than others I have driven.

My best car
By unclewimp

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Forget any negative reports about this car. These people probably did not heed to the owner instructions. I am a mechanic who works for a Toyota dealership. I bought this vehicle because of the technical achievements. It is fun, it is good on gas, it is a pleasure to drive. As for the CVT, have no fear, it is great! The CVT has been used in off road and heavy duty equipment for years. The limitations of this car are negligible and in some cases non-existent. There is some room for improvement, but it is insignificant compared to the overall splendor of this exceptional vehicle.

2.5 liter engine is responsive @ 170 h.p. this car will move. i like the power steering, which is independent of the engine. also a 110 amp alternator.

Needs an oil pressure gauge and a voltage gauge. Fuel filler cap needs to be on driver's side. All else is perfect.

Perfect car!
By iluvkev

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased the Rogue on Sept. 3, 2008 and so far it's wonderful! It rides so smooth I can barely feel the bumps in the road. It has plenty of room for my family of 5. It's cute, peppy, and a reliable Nissan. I've had several cars in the past but this one I refer to as my "baby". I have the pretty blue one and I love the color!

Basic radio sounds great! Smooth ride. S model has all you need to ride comfortably (power windows, locks, a/c, cd player) without paying for SL model with all the expensive extras.

A slight blind spot to rear left side of vehicle so look twice before changing lanes.

Great Small SUV
By bradwesley

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was a great buy. I am very impressed with its great mpg. I get about 23-25 mpg in the city and about 29-30 mpg on the highway. I am also impressed with its acceleration. I have no problem passing on the highway. I really enjoy the CVT. It is smooth and very nice. The interior is very nice and functional.

The CVT and the acceleration of its 4 cyl. engine. Car has great gas mileage.

The seats could be more comfortable. Also, I am not a fan of the front grille.