Pathfinder Fun
By DWS on
2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Replaced a Dodge Durango with a Pathfinder. I enjoy having the same seating capacity as the Durango and a 4000 pound tow capacity in a vehicle that gets better gas mileage. Durango V8 was terrible on gas (under 13 mpg). The Pathfinder V6 is much better so far (averaging over 17 city but only have 900 miles on it to date. Also, I live in Arizona and the Durango air conditioning would not keep up. The Pathfinder has excellent air conditioning capacity. I find the handling and ride very similar in both vehicles. Pathfinder is a much quiter vehicle even though I have found more "plastic" in this vehicle as compared to the Durango.
Favorite Features
Great towing capacity and seating capacity for a mid sized V6 SUV. Excellent 4WD capability. Steady ride and good to excellent safety ratings, especially for the LE model with side air bags. Excellent air (conditioning) performance. This is an important feature in AZ and is lacking in many cars.
Suggested Improvements
I found that most dealers do not order the side air bag option. It is standard in the LE model but must be a special order if you want it in other, less expensive models (unless you really get lucky). That's about it.