If it had better MPG, I'd be in love
By Dungeoner on
2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Wonderful SUV. Feels like a truck. Something "I" like & my wife has grown to like. We gave up our Mitsu. Endeavor XLS for this. That rode fantastic. This isn't as smooth, but like I said, I prefer a truck feel & my wife feels safer with that feeling now as well, after all, we got it for her. We test drove almost the entire gamut of SUVs out there. Durango, Tahoe, Explorer, Expedition (I Loved, that one, my wife didn't like the size), Pilot, Navigator, Highlander, 4- Runner & Sequoia. We also, drove the Armada & would have gotten that if it wasn't for the size (wife again) & the fact that the one we wanted was going to take too long to get. The Pathfinder looked (wife's term, not mine!) "Cute"
Favorite Features
Fun to drive. Fun to look at (looks like a baby Armada). 3rd row was a huge plus for us. Bose stereo shines when cranked. Can use regular unleaded with no repercussions. Hated our Endeavor for that flaw. Backseat HVAC controls are fantastic. Tires are nice & meaty. PLENTY of power from that 4.0!
Suggested Improvements
Less hard plastic in the interior. Ride is a little loud. At least compared to the vehicles I have driven in. GAS MILEAGE!. I put 400 miles on mine so far. 75% of that is highway miles. The Pathfinder computer says I'm getting 14.6 MPG. *cringe* My F150 is worse than that though so it could be worse