2006 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - After 35,000 miles, I'm selling

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

After 35,000 miles, I'm selling
By Joe on

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We own a 2006 Pathfinder LE (35,000 miles) and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (45,000 miles). When new, I liked the Pathfinder more. Now I prefer the 4Runner. The Toyota has been trouble free, while I've been to Nissan a number of times for silly stuff: running board rubber peeled up, idler pulley noisy, driver's window slamming into track, heater control jams, door handle fell off, etc. Also, handling seems to have deteriorated to the point of being scary around turns that aren't smooth. Bad shocks? While my dealer has been superb, the car has not. Toyota does build a better vehicle. But, I love the drivetrain on the Path - very strong and smooth. Improve the suspension to the level of the drivetrain.

Favorite Features

Driveline, Nav system, leather seat material holds up very well.

Suggested Improvements

Fix whatever has made the suspension feel so squirrely. Improve quality control. Leave out the 3rd seat - this truck is too small for one - and make the second row seating more spacious and comfortable. Higher quality door panels (too much hard plastic). Improve the climate controls.