Used 2012 Nissan Leaf Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Leaf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:

love it
By deborah

2012 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I have had my Leaf a little over 2 months and i adore it. If i could change a few things this would of course be the range, i am just starting to adjust to the range anxiety. I work from home so that solves a chunk of range. I have learned a great deal about improving my driving skills in order to save miles! The second thing about the car is the shifter....cant understand why reverse is a forward shift and drive is to the back..lol, am now adjusted to it but was confused in the first week. Third thing is the rear window limited view, i took the rear headrest off and that helped alot. Other than that, the car fits me to a T. I bought mine used at 17,000 miles for 11,500. I feel that was a very nice deal, all though since buying it i have lost 1 battery bar which concerns me.

5,000 miles and loving it
By jberolo

2012 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

I was lucky to find a dealer car with only 3000 miles and still new even though I bought it as used vehicle. There is little I cannot do with my LEAF. I have a pickup truck when I need to drive farther than my LEAF can take me, but honestly I hardly ever need to drive it. The range of the LEAF works for 90% of my daily and weekly driving needs.

The ECO mode and the Navigation. The best part is that I can press a button and the Navigation will show me the closet charging stations. Also the Telematics link that allows my car to send data to Nissan (I have the option to turn it off if I choose). I can even send a message to my to turn on the A/C so it is cool when I get in.

The driving range of course is a big one for ALL EV cars. The other would be to charge faster. Otherwise I think Nissan has a done a great job so far. I am already looking at the next LEAF when it's time to trade or sell my in a few years.

Nissan leaf built on a Friday
By richardriver

2012 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

Bought the lowest price for 28K. After 3 weeks the car left me stranded, the dealer did not know what to do, it took them 8 days to figure it out. Now, after 3 months, the AC failed completely. But other than that is an excellent car for commuting. I do recommend the quick charging package Chademo with 6.6kw 240 charger. If you dont get it you would regret it, Like I did. This gives you more functionality.

Great awesome car to drive, lots of powers (enough for decent driving ). Smooth power delivery. Nice interior features

obviously more range,

Amazing vehicle front to back
By xando05

2012 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

What an amazing piece of machinery. I really don't have one bad thing to say about the Nissan LEAF. Nissan really hit the nail on the head with this car. The technology is second to none. It drives a like a dream car. It handles very well and brakes extremely well too. I highly recommend this car all the way around. I look forward to driving the LEAF everyday!!

No gas. No oil. No exhaust. Seating comfort. Great amount of storage for an BEV. Made in Japan(2010-2012). Ride comfort. Braking. Quiet-virtually no noise. Uniqueness. Use of eco-friendly build materials.

-Bluetooth clarity during speakerphone use. -More range. -Electronic rear hatch opening and closing. -Better tires. The Bridgestone Ecopias handle pretty well in the dry and rain conditions, but are pathetic in the ice and snow. -AWD drivetrain

Excellent first electric vehicle
By flymia

2012 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

Have been driving the 2012 Nissan LEAF SV for three months now. So far very impressed and glad to be driving electric. Car is smooth, responsive and has many of the features I would like. My only shortcomings are lack of telescoping steering wheel, poorly designed Carwings telematics with limited functionality, and inability to view % state of charge (2013 model offers this). The car design takes a bit getting used to and offers poor visibility when backing up if not equipped with back up camera. Otherwise a solid choice, great reliability and performance so far. Range varies considerably especially with highway driving drains battery fast (about 65 miles)

-Navigation System -RSS Feeds -Heated seats & steering wheel -LED headlights

Make serious reliability and functionality improvements to Carwings and mobile app. Chevrolet, Ford, and Tesla apps all provide greater functionality (like ability to lock and unlock doors) and display % state of charge remotely. Software update for onboard trip computer to display % SOC would also be a welcomed enhancement for 2012 owners.

• SUV