1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Relize that its a great value
By Nissan loyalist on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am pleased with my truck. It is comfortable and I trust it to start for me every time. It looks good inside and out and I expect it to keep going another 80,000+. I would like more power and little better fuel economy, but overall you cant beat the value!

Takes a licking, keeps on ticking!
By brownmanintexas on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck purchased new in 2-99; traded in a buzzy bouncy crappy '98 regular cab Toyota Tacoma. What an upgrade! I love this truck. It has the 4 cylinder engine; as such acceleration is not comparable to gas guzzling V8's. BUT, go west of Kerr County where a 75 MPH speed limit is common. 85MPH in 5th with 24 MPG is no problem with this high revving 16 valve engine. Engine is exceptionally smooth and quiet at speed. Throw away the OEM Firestones and OEM shocks. Buy 4 Bridgestone AT Revos tires and Gabriel Max-Control shocks. Then, enjoy this inexpensive and extraordinary tough little truck. I do.

my friend the nissan
By jjracer on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i have driven this "super" truck over 150,000 miles. i have had no,no no! problems at all!!! i will buy a new one in o4.

Nice truck
By RodneyK on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Touchy Gas pedal, hard to control. Gear ratios very low, goes in 5th gear at 30mph no problem. High rpm at 70mph. Could use an overdrive. Otherwise very nice truck.

Satisified Used Truck Owner
By ahrivnak on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The Nissan meet all of my expectations and exceeded most. Most of my praise goes to the comfort of the vehicle. The seats are Large enough for a person my size, but my ten year old son has no problem falling asleep in the passenger seet. The controls are easy to reach, understand, and use. If I had to make one complain, it would be about the power of the engine. I expected a bit more power from a V6. Still, there was plenty of power for most tasks. I also think the stlying is superior to any comparable truck (Toyota, Mazda, Chevy, Ford etc) and far superior than the current Nissan frontiers. You will enjoy!!

Pass on this one
By Vinny3030 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Not a well built truck. Gas miliage poor for a 4cyl. Many repairs needed to this truck under normal use. Very slow pickup. Does not handel well.

More cons then pros
By p2cpu on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been reliable in the sense that it has not broken down. But I have had many problems with the front end (loose torsion bar, sway bar end links breaking loose 3 times). Now my steering needs an alignment. I took it to Foothill Nissan to have my automatic transmission serviced and they overfilled it, causing it to leak all over the undercarriage. My driver side window has always rattled. The windows fog up easily (unlike other trucks I have had). Heat always comes out of the vent, even when you have it on cold. The front fenders dent easily. It is a really great looking truck, but I think they need to work on the quality.

MY WHEELS
By LARRY M MILLER on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB