Used 1999 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My Datsun frontier King cab
By Monster Man

1999 Nissan Frontier XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 1999 Datsun frontier King cab Iim putting a 3" body lift with 32" /11.50 /15 I love this truck because I could do anything to it . If any one wants to get a truck and put it together any frontier 2000 and under will Do .

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the style of the 1999 Datsun it looks newer than a 1999

Suggested Improvements

The inprovement will be to me is that . They didn't make to many parts for off road .i will like to find more things for it . I have to mix and match with other Frontiers . Of later models

Great truck
By Bob Cleary

1999 Nissan Frontier XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck for over-the- road traveling. It has been a terrific truck for me. I have used it for some limited hauling. I am not a small guy. It is very comfortable for me. I would have liked 4 doors, and the cruise control "on" button is in a strange place. That is the only thing that has been an issue for me. The comfort, reliability, and the build of this truck is second to none. The styling is far superior to any of the competition. My truck looks more beefy, with more design, while the others look more boxy and cheap. I would recommend this truck to anyone. Who ever gets this truck next, even with 150000 miles will get a very nice looking truck, and one that is mechanically so

Good vehicle
By Ken

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my truck new in 1999. I only have about 65,000 miles on it. I have not had a single problem with it in all these years. The air conditioner is just as cold today as it was the day I drove it off the lot. The car has not been back to the dealership since I bought it. I do change the oil/filter about every 5,000 miles. It still runs like a sewing machine. Gas mileage is about 19 in town and 24 on the highway (65 mph). Did have to replace factory radio.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Easy to maneuver. Handles well. Good visibility. Bed sides need holes for stakes/pipes (ladder rack).

Suggested Improvements

Jump seats in back are too flimsy. Loose change falls into the front seat tracks and jams seat slide. The seat must be removed to remove coins.

Good used vehicle
By syclone

1999 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

No problems so far except for an automatic transmission overdrive switch.

Favorite Features

Extended cap is standard and excellent driving manners

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy and a little less bouncy.

Nice quality truck
By Hooker

1999 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck 5 years ago with 31,000 miles. I now have over 200,000 miles as I commute 200 a day to work and home. No major work preformed except for tires, oil changes, brakes and clutch (at 180,000 mile). Truck is comfortable for my daily trips. I average 30 miles per gallon on the highway with a standard tranny. Dependable truck!!

Favorite Features

Extended cab had great leg room and seat that recline. A/C work like a champ to this day.

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower without giving up mileage.