2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Push Start/Stop

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Push Start/Stop
By Chasler on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drive a lot of freeway miles. This car is got the perfect balance of power, acceleration, comfort and fuel economy. CVT transmission works like a dream. Get 29.4 average mpg: 80% freeway cruising at 72mph; 20% varied driving about town. Negatives: 1) Tail pipe smells in the cabin initially. Whatever it was seemed to burn itself out after the first 8,000 miles. 2) Push Start/Stop button works great except...frustrated with the stop button instantly killing the sound system along with engine. Sound like a minor quibble but when I get to my destination sometimes I want to hear the rest of the song or talk radio topic without having to continue running the engine.

Favorite Features

CVT Transmission, Push Start/Stop RF Intelligence (Key FOB must be somewhere within the cabin to start/stop engine; Key FOB must be outside car to lock/open doors)

Suggested Improvements

1) A little more head room for taller drivers 2) De-link the Engine Stop button from the sound system. Suggest the following improvement: Push Once to kill engine; Push a second time to turn off sound system.