Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 381 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great performance but terrible comfort
By Chris

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5s has a great engine and transmission compared to the Hondas, Hyundais and even Chevrolets that I have owned. Nissan really has it down when it comes to their drive trains but I have never had front seats on any vehicle that I have ever owned, including my 1956 Chevrolet pickup, that were as uncomfortable as my Altima seats are. After less than one hour of driving my rear end is more sore than it would be if I was riding my mountain bike. The seats look good but they are so stiff and lack any kind of suspension what-so-ever. I haven't tried fixing it yet but I think that I am going to try changing the foam cushioning in the seat bottom and see how it affects my bottom. Besides the uncomfortable front seats I really like the car. I get about 28 mpg around town and 37 mpg on the highway, it has great brakes and handles good for a midsize sedan. I would highly recommend for anyone to purchase the Altima except for the granite front seats.

Never Again
By Aaron

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never had a vehicle that has had as many issues as my Altima. In the last year I've had an exhaust manifold crack, suspension issues, cracked axle, seized brake caliper, rusted exhaust covers, window switch go bad, key fob fail, cracked windshield, and intermittent starting issues that several mechanics have failed to figure out what the problem is. This car is a money pit. All of my american made cars were much older with higher mileage and I never had nearly as many issues with those cars.

stay away
By Mart

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

-Both head gaskets needed to be replaced at 62K
-Metallic sound upon acceleration at 88K
-New Basal vibration/sound when accelerating and decelerating

Though Nissan would be trouble free...Cannot believe the low quality of this vehicle. Never Nissan again...

happy to shutt my sister
By Ramirez

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

got my nissan 3 years a go same time my sis'.(lincoln) happy with the little car no major repairs amaze how much after market parts to upgrade the car are available my sis' was =( after lots repair on the first year of her luxury car,even for a 4 cylinder car is enough for city and travel (arkansas to florida) not much tech. for the year but my phone does everything this days well done paying the car thinking trading for a xterra so review please the quality before you buying just b'cse is v8 and has airshocks doesnt meant is better .. thanks

Reliable Car
By W. Wright

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2008 basicl Nissan Altima in 2009 based on positive reviews from other consumer organizations. I sold it with 103,000 miles on it to get a lower mileage car. The car turned out to be a reliable car that can be driven for many more miles. It has an attractive, sporty look. It provided a smooth ride, quality audio, frosty air conditioning, and good brakes. The controls are easy to read and to figure out. I had no problems driving in snow or rain. The repairs were basically routine maintenance. The seats tend to be stiff. One time the driver-side window got stuck.